Was there ever a fix besides what has been listed already for this? Vista WGA 0xC004E002 error RRS feed

• Question

• Need some help here if you can................

I have tried everything so far from all the pages I read and I can access safe mode and can see all my files however I can not apply any of the suggestions listed here:

I did this:

"5) Type: net stop slsvc (it may ask you if you are sure, select yes)
    6) Type: cd %windir%\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\SoftwareLicensing
    7) Type: rename tokens.dat tokens.bar
    8) Type: cd %windir%\system32
    9) Type net start slsvc
    10) Type: cscript slmgr.vbs -rilc (It may take a long time for this to complete, please be patient)

11) Reboot Twice"

And then it let me activate.

If anyone cares, I checked the Product ID in System Properties and MgaDiag, it's still different.

I am not able to complete any of these steps in safe mode I do recieve an error message that states the net start slsvc can not be stated in safe mode any other suggestions out there. There were so many suggestions but I could not find a solution to my error message.....

I had to call ACER and talked to someone from India and all they could do was sell my some recovery CD they also told me that if my copy was legitimate I should not have gotten that error message so any other suggestions out there?? Your help is greatly needed

Wednesday, June 9, 2010 3:39 AM

Answers

• Mr. Noel you hit it right on I indeed missed a crucial step with the command prompt thank you very much I am at the point to phone in my reactivation my hats off to you and this website.!!!!!
    • Marked as answer by hpastran Wednesday, June 9, 2010 8:09 PM
    Wednesday, June 9, 2010 8:09 PM

All replies

• "hpastran" wrote in message news:9a150d9e-4936-4da0-97cc-c5561479991c...

Need some help here if you can................

I have tried everything so far from all the pages I read and I can access safe mode and can see all my files however I can not apply any of the suggestions listed here:

I see you didn't read the Announcements or Sticky at the top of the index page, though - please do so, and then post your MGADiag report.
    Without that we'd just be guessing.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Wednesday, June 9, 2010 8:04 AM
  • I will do that thanks I thought I did read through but I did not thanks
    Wednesday, June 9, 2010 12:07 PM
  • Thanks again Noel Paton however I am not able to run any diagnostics at all in the PC I can only access the safe mode and of course it is very limited on what I can do in unless there is something I am missing for post the MGS Diag Report I read through the post could you enlighten me as to what I am doing wrong so I can post my problem on this page to see if there is a fix for my error messages. At the log on screen I get a WIndows Activation Screen that indicates " Reintall WIndows Windows must be reinstalled to activate. Insert the Windows installation DVD or CD into your computer to begin the reinstalltion process. I have read through all the posts on this subject and none work because I can not only acces the computer in safe mode. So if you could provide me any additional help that would be greatly appreciated perhaps I am missing the message too from the Sticky at the top of the index page however what it is telling me to do I can not in safe mode. Thank you for your help
    Wednesday, June 9, 2010 5:35 PM
  • "hpastran" wrote in message news:43f24b90-9090-445d-992d-28a97f10ec77...
    Thanks again Noel Paton however I am not able to run any diagnostics at all in the PC I can only access the safe mode and of course it is very limited on what I can do in unless there is something I am missing for post the MGS Diag Report I read through the post could you enlighten me as to what I am doing wrong so I can post my problem on this page to see if there is a fix for my error messages. At the log on screen I get a WIndows Activation Screen that indicates " Reintall WIndows Windows must be reinstalled to activate. Insert the Windows installation DVD or CD into your computer to begin the reinstalltion process. I have read through all the posts on this subject and none work because I can not only acces the computer in safe mode. So if you could provide me any additional help that would be greatly appreciated perhaps I am missing the message too from the Sticky at the top of the index page however what it is telling me to do I can not in safe mode. Thank you for your help

It's worth having a look through this thread....

HTH

--

Wednesday, June 9, 2010 5:45 PM
  • Mr. Noel you hit it right on I indeed missed a crucial step with the command prompt thank you very much I am at the point to phone in my reactivation my hats off to you and this website.!!!!!
    • Marked as answer by hpastran Wednesday, June 9, 2010 8:09 PM
    Wednesday, June 9, 2010 8:09 PM
  • "hpastran" wrote in message news:a9a8bf1f-fa33-461a-8044-b4b4929d1bd7...
    Mr. Noel you hit it right on I indeed missed a crucial step with the command prompt thank you very much I am at the point to phone in my reactivation my hats off to you and this website.!!!!!

You're welcome - good luck

--

Wednesday, June 9, 2010 9:30 PM