QSM message I cannot clear from the Home network health - any suggestions ?? RRS feed

• Question

• I recently tried to add a USB connected disk drive to my storage pool on my home server,
    and drive add failed, the reason it failied was disk itself was faulty. I subsequently found out the disk was defective but now I have an error message which I can tclaer from network health and this si really irritating as this masking real issues as I can see them as the networkj health is always critical

I now have a message in the Home network health which I cannot clear and as the disk is totally defunct and I cant run repair to tidied up this situation 
    and am getting repeted messages in the Event viewer which is filling up unecessarily
    the nmessage i get in the Network health is this and I have copied the message from the event log below.

STORAGE STATUS
    volume with name unformatted volume \\?\Volume -{770741ce-70f2- etc- etc}\ has failed
    please check hard drives and try to run repair to fix disk errors

And I get the following error message in the home server event log and I just get this error repeated every 3-5 minutes so ihave quite a few of them.

Event Type:    Error
    Event Source:    HomeServer
    Event Category:    QSM
    Event ID:    129
    Date:        24/02/2009
    Time:        20:14:20
    User:        N/A
    Computer:    MAXIMUS
    Description:
    Assertion failure at d:\wssg_src\whs_pp1\qhs\src\storage\qsm\qsm.cxx(18621): pVolRunner->vdf.nDisks > 0

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Any help on this would be greatly received.
    PS I have rebuilt my server, and recovered the data as I needed to upgrade my Mobo, so this si somehting stored onthe data drives not the OS partition.
    the erro still persists 
    Tuesday, February 24, 2009 8:34 PM