My Backup Folder on the desktop RRS feed

• Question

• When I do a backup it creates a folder on he desktop with the computer name and the date and it always shows empty.  It is pointing the the local C drive.  Is it supposed to point the WHS folder?
    Wednesday, February 21, 2007 3:00 PM

Answers

• Well someone else mentioned this My Backup folder so it is just me that is crazy :)

SO it apears that if you use the console to open/view a backup set that icon is created on your desktop, and it actually has stuff in it "while you have the backup open in the console"

Once you close the backup in the console, I would think it should either delete that Icon or it should still have stuff

Sounds like a good bug to me.

Wednesday, February 21, 2007 4:39 PM

All replies

• I have never seen it create a folder on any desktop as a result of a backup.  What OS is your client?  If you connect to the WHS console and go to computers and view backups, are they there?

Still......Grey

Wednesday, February 21, 2007 4:23 PM
  • Well someone else mentioned this My Backup folder so it is just me that is crazy :)

SO it apears that if you use the console to open/view a backup set that icon is created on your desktop, and it actually has stuff in it "while you have the backup open in the console"

Once you close the backup in the console, I would think it should either delete that Icon or it should still have stuff

Sounds like a good bug to me.

Wednesday, February 21, 2007 4:39 PM