CRM Online Sample Data RRS feed

• Question

• We are a Microsoft Partner that purchased 3 licenses of CRM Online.  We are using this for internal training and sales.  In the Data Management area there is an option called Sample Data (Add samplete dat to the system, or delete existing sample data).  Has anyone used this option?  Currently the system was loaded with the sample data and we have been playing around with it and now I want to clear the sample data and reload it to its original state.  I am concerned that if I use the delete sample data option I will not be able to reload it again.

Thanks
    • Moved by Xiaopeng Wu Tuesday, March 8, 2011 9:24 PM Forum consolidation (From:CRM Online)
    Monday, January 4, 2010 3:30 PM

Answers

• The sample data option allows you to purge and re-add sample data as needed.
    Laura A Robinson
    • Marked as answer by rubb0858 Monday, January 4, 2010 4:21 PM
    Monday, January 4, 2010 4:03 PM

All replies

• Just go through and delete the sample data by hand (accounts, contacts, cases, opportunities, leads, activities). They should only be there for the user that requested the inital set-up of CRM (the CRM Administrator). Once you've deleted them, you can begin to work properly in the system. However, if at a later date you want the data back, all you need to do is go to Data Management and re-run the Sample Data job and it should add in all the data again... without overwriting anything else you've added to the system. 
    Monday, January 4, 2010 3:44 PM
  • The sample data option allows you to purge and re-add sample data as needed.
    Laura A Robinson
    • Marked as answer by rubb0858 Monday, January 4, 2010 4:21 PM
    Monday, January 4, 2010 4:03 PM
  • We don't recommend removing the OOB (out-of-box) sample data by hand -- instead, use the option you found in Data Management.  Paul is correct that you can add and remove the sample data without overwriting anything else in the system.

Thanks,
    Matt
    Monday, January 4, 2010 5:26 PM
  • We don't recommend removing the OOB (out-of-box) sample data by hand -- instead, use the option you found in Data Management. Paul is correct that you can add and remove the sample data without overwriting anything else in the system.

Thanks,
    Matt

Thanks for your message!
    Sunday, February 20, 2011 2:46 AM