CRM4 - Custom entity cascading? RRS feed

• Question

• Currently in testing phase of a fresh install of CRM 4.0. Pretty much everything sorted other than one tiny thing which is driving me round the bend.

I've created a custom entity called brands, which is an account 1:N brand relationship - each account we deal with has many sub-brands and as such all activities within CRM are linked not only to an account/contact, but also to a specific brand within that account.

Access levels for all users are determined via setting up teams/sharing from the account owner, and as such all sub-accounts/contacts beneath that account are also shared with the relevant people. However, I can't seem to fathom a way to get the brands (custom entity) to cascade and be accesible for those users who, via teams/sharing, have access to it's parent account/contacts etc

Any thoughts?

Friday, January 9, 2009 5:01 PM

Answers

• Did you update the Custom Entity tab of the security roles?

Friday, January 9, 2009 5:50 PM
  • Hi Donna, thanks for your reply.

In looking into this again over the weekend I've just realised the problems arose as somehow I'd set this up as a N:N relationship rather than 1:N it should've been as per my original post. Have ammended this and everything is working perfectly now!

Monday, January 12, 2009 10:42 AM

All replies

• Did you update the Custom Entity tab of the security roles?

Friday, January 9, 2009 5:50 PM
  • Hi Donna, thanks for your reply.

In looking into this again over the weekend I've just realised the problems arose as somehow I'd set this up as a N:N relationship rather than 1:N it should've been as per my original post. Have ammended this and everything is working perfectly now!

Monday, January 12, 2009 10:42 AM