OCS 2007 Deployment RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I am trying to test OCS 2007 beta in a test enviornment for evaluation. The setup takes me thru all steps up to the configure certificate step 4, when this is run I only have the possibility to request a cert, is there a way to continue the install without the certificate. I would only like to test, and the entire intall is on one windows 2003 ent server (clean install). No Edge server no Director just standardedition server deployment.I would appreciate any help. When I try to start the frontservice I get

The service RTCDATAMCU failed to respond to service start request in a timely fashion. For more information check event logs reported by the service.

4/5/2007 10:05:35 AM OCS Data MCU 1018 41038
      Office Communications Server Web Conferencing Server could not be started

at Microsoft.Rtc.Server.DataMCU.ServiceWorker.StartServer(String[] args)

Thanks in advance.

Thursday, April 5, 2007 8:34 AM

Answers

• Your best bet would be to install a CA into your lab to issue certificates to your machines. The process is free, low overheard, and simple to do. Smile
    Thursday, April 5, 2007 8:29 PM

All replies

• Your best bet would be to install a CA into your lab to issue certificates to your machines. The process is free, low overheard, and simple to do. Smile
    Thursday, April 5, 2007 8:29 PM
  • Thank you very much for an answer, I am now experimenting with my own CA server in the lab, maybe I will get this to work.

Leo

Monday, April 23, 2007 7:28 AM