Windows Defender shuts itself off ever since OneCare installed RRS feed

• Question

• Yeah basically since I installed OneCare, my Windows Defender randomly shuts off through the day, and I have to keep turning it on. My settings haven't changed, everything indicates it should run continuously and show the icon in the task bar. When I load my PC up now, I have to manually turn Windows Defender on now, when before it would just load itself up. Nothing has been blocked in the firewall to create this. Anyway to fix this annoying issue?
    Sunday, December 9, 2007 1:50 PM

Answers

• Please do understand that if onecare is installed on a system with Windows Defender by default Windows Defender services will be disabled to make way for the Built in Anti-spyware feature of Windows Live Onecare - Since onecare comes with Anti-virus and Anti-spyware engine all in one.

Sunday, December 9, 2007 2:10 PM

All replies

• Please do understand that if onecare is installed on a system with Windows Defender by default Windows Defender services will be disabled to make way for the Built in Anti-spyware feature of Windows Live Onecare - Since onecare comes with Anti-virus and Anti-spyware engine all in one.

Sunday, December 9, 2007 2:10 PM
  • Okay so are you saying I no longer need to use Windows Defender?

Some of the features of Windows Defender (like alrerting me when there are changes to certain programs) are not part of Windows OneCare

Should I get rid of Defender?

Monday, December 10, 2007 5:47 PM
  • Keep the Windows Defender who knows when and if you would need it ( its already disabled anyways so it wont take any juice in your system ) For Vista users its a permanent resident

other features to explore for WLOC

http://onecare.live.com/standard/en-us/default.htm

Monday, December 10, 2007 6:16 PM
  • Thanks

Monday, December 10, 2007 6:26 PM