Outlook Integration error RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hello all;

I have this error on every client on my system

Outlook integration error --> There was a problem contacting Microsoft Office Outlook, Your outlook profile is not configured correctly, contact your system.......

We have the same sip at communicator that with the outlook profile (same address) (profiles are with pop/setup and others with exchenge service)

We have all possible patches installed Windows update says systems updated.

We use Office 2007 and Comunicator 2.0.6362

We have an Exchange 2003 Sp2 in our domain.

OS are Vista and Xp

We have also tried to Disable the mail comparision following kb 951644, but we cannot get rid off the error

What can we do¿?

Thx in advance

Wednesday, October 29, 2008 5:18 PM

All replies

• Had this error as well. Do you have the infamous address book download problem as well. I had both of these errors, once I fixed the address book problem the outlook integration went away.

I have also seen this in test environments where the password for communicator (in test bed) was different than the password for Exchange (production).

Jay

Wednesday, October 29, 2008 6:04 PM
  •  

NO i only have the outlook integration error.

Wednesday, October 29, 2008 6:12 PM
  • Start with this blog from the OC product team:

http://communicatorteam.com/archive/2008/08/20/316.aspx

Wednesday, October 29, 2008 6:38 PM
  • a.       Make sure Outlook is running.  If you didn’t start Outlook on your machine, Communicator will display this error.  If you already have Outlook running, try restarting Communicator (i.e. “exit” instead of just signing out).  It’s possible that Communicator failed to detect you have Outlook running, and restarting Communicator ensures that the Outlook detection code path (which gets executed during start up) is run. 

OUTLOOK IS RUNNING BEFORE I SIGN IN THE COMMUNICATOR. I HAVE DONE THE SIGN OUT AND SIGN IN BUT NOTHINGS HAPPENS

b.      Verify that the Outlook account and Communicator sign in profiles match.  By default Communicator signs in using the Windows account.  If the Outlook and Communicator profiles do not match, Communicator will be unable to connect to Outlook (and you will see the integration error).  For instance, in Outlook if I’m using cindykwan@msn.com and my Communicator account is cindykwan@microsoft.com, then I will see the integration error.  Please make sure the two emails are identical.  If, for some reason, you don’t want the Outlook and Communicator profiles to match, you can disable the profile/email comparison check.  Instructions on how to do that can be found here.

I HAVE CHECK THAT BOTH EMAIL ADDRESSES (OUTLOOK (IN REPLY ADDRESS AND EMAIL ADDRESS) AND COMUNICATOR EMAIL ADDRESSES ) ARE THE SAME

I ALSO HAVE DISABLE THE EMAIL COMPARISSION THROUGH THE REGISTRY (IN XP HOSTS) AND WITH THE GPEDIT.MSC (AT VISTA HOSTS) REBOOT THE HOSTS BUT NOTHING HAPPENS

c.       Install the June 2007 hotfix package for Outlook 2007.   If none of the above solutions work, try installing the hotfix. A number of Office fixes related to presence and IM integration are part of this hotfix package.  Here’s a KB article that describes the updates, and includes a download link.

I HAVE DOWNLOADED THE FIX, WHEN I TRIED TO INSTALL THE PACKADGE SAYS THET THERE IS NOTHING TO UPGRADE, SO I PRESUME THAT MY SYSTEM IS FULL UPDATED (THROUGH WINDOWSUPDATE SYSTEM)

Monday, November 3, 2008 8:35 AM
  • I saw this issue in our test environment before I deployed OCS in production domain, in my case, it was because we didn't have a proxy server in our test environment, when I deployed in production environment, it was fine.

I don't know if this will help, but I thought I might just let you know what we saw.

Tuesday, November 4, 2008 3:40 PM
  •  

Sorry but idon´t understand what do you mean with having a proxy server in our test enviroment.

We have a proxy server in my lan,in a different host that the 2 OCS servers

In my case my pc doesnt need  a proxy to browse the internet or any webserver inside due it has direct connection

Should i install any proxy software anywhere?.

I don´t understand what is the relation between the OCS servers and a proxy server in the lan?

Thxs

Tuesday, November 4, 2008 3:49 PM
  • I'm sorry, I didn't mean to confuse the issue, the only difference between my test environment and production environment was that the test environment did not have a proxy server. Active Directory and a lot of the servers were the same.

Tuesday, November 4, 2008 4:10 PM
  •  

Does the user have more than one mailbox open?  When I configured my outlook to open a secondary mailbox (a helpdesk mailbox) in the advanced section of the mailbox properties, I started getting this.
    Wednesday, November 5, 2008 7:51 PM
  • Hi,

Check if your Outlook profile name does have special character (for us it was French accent), if so copy your profile to a new one without accent, it worked for us.

Wednesday, November 5, 2008 10:08 PM
  • No we only have one profile per computer.

There are some pcs which have the profile based on exchange service and others computers have the profile configure as pop/smtp

Thursday, November 6, 2008 8:44 AM
  • No the profiles are named as default, "outlook"

Thursday, November 6, 2008 8:46 AM
  •  

I have discovered something if in the comunicator client at Options-> Personal

I choose Microsoft office outlook (contacts, calendar, Out of the office, missed call email, etc) --> I have the error

But if i choose the second option Windows address book (contacts) and the thrid one None the error is gone.

I have tried to enable/disable all checks with the first option choosen but the result is the same the error appears

Any ideas

Thursday, November 6, 2008 9:24 AM
  • I have the same problem. I have a server with OCS 2007 (and Exchange, Outlook, and SharePoint). I am able to connect to the Address Book but I keep getting an Outlook Integration Error. I tried the fixmapi.exe but it didn't do anything.

And if I change the PIM to Address Book or None instead of Outlook it doesn't get the error.

Have you found anything new to try?
    Monday, December 15, 2008 7:18 PM