none
Setup Cannot Copy Files

Question

• During installation, the installation get hung reporting that "Setup cannot copy the file: bootvid.dll". Retrying does not work, and using escape to skip the file moves on to "kdcom.dll", "c_1252.nls", "c_437.nls", "l_intl.nls", etc...

I have tried re-downloading the ISO from Connect and re-burning; still no luck.

Any suggestions?

Monday, March 12, 2007 5:36 PM

Answers

• Have your tried running a CRC check to validate the downloaded file.  If not, look on the WHS site for intsructions on how to check this.  You will also need to download a 3rd party tool from the web to check the CRC, but you can google for that.

pete

Monday, March 12, 2007 7:37 PM
  • Check this link out in the FAQ's... covers some things about media problems and gives suggestions.
    Tuesday, March 13, 2007 8:44 PM

All replies

• Have your tried running a CRC check to validate the downloaded file.  If not, look on the WHS site for intsructions on how to check this.  You will also need to download a 3rd party tool from the web to check the CRC, but you can google for that.

pete

Monday, March 12, 2007 7:37 PM
  • I would also suggest trying to use a different dvd drive to install from. Several users have reported that a faulty drive caused installation issues.

Monday, March 12, 2007 7:42 PM
  • I will attempt that soon. I have setup running again after several FDisks and creating a DOS partition for setup to wipe out (the only way I could get past the error)
    Monday, March 12, 2007 8:11 PM
  • Check this link out in the FAQ's... covers some things about media problems and gives suggestions.
    Tuesday, March 13, 2007 8:44 PM