none
my application is using high memory RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

i create application which is using high memory!

When i start application it using only 85Mb Memory but when i open any form or Report it using more Memory n its going high and high if i close Report till memory is not going down even i close all form it not going down!

Any One Can Help About this?

Hitesh Patel

• Moved by Amanda Zhu Monday, July 7, 2014 4:48 AM not mtm issue
    Tuesday, July 1, 2014 4:20 PM

Answers

• Hitesh,

Sounds like you are creating and not releasing objects in your form.  Look at your computer processes and see if the application is still running even after closing your form.  I would suggest going through and making sure that you have logic that closes/disposes of your objects when done with them.  If you aren't implementing the Using functionality with your data calls, I would suggest converting to this standard.

Memory Leaks are not a new development issue, but a great one to learn from and become a better programmer.

Good luck.

Tuesday, July 1, 2014 6:00 PM

All replies

• Hitesh,

Sounds like you are creating and not releasing objects in your form.  Look at your computer processes and see if the application is still running even after closing your form.  I would suggest going through and making sure that you have logic that closes/disposes of your objects when done with them.  If you aren't implementing the Using functionality with your data calls, I would suggest converting to this standard.

Memory Leaks are not a new development issue, but a great one to learn from and become a better programmer.

Good luck.

Tuesday, July 1, 2014 6:00 PM
  • Hi,

Testing with Visual Studio Test Manager (MTM)forum discusses Microsoft Test Management issues. Your issue is out of support range of this forum. USCGJEN72 provided some useful suggestions. I agreed that we can check the task managers to get more information. Sometimes the computer performance may affect the Memory usage, so you can restart your PC and only start the application to release more resource.

In order to resolve this issue, if you are working with Windows Forms app, I suggest you to post your issue in a new thread on Windows Forms forum: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/home?category=windowsforms Winform experts may provide you some solutions.

Thanks,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, July 2, 2014 6:33 AM