none
Moderators- help me to unlock my account. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

When i try to access my account i am getting "banned to access the forum".

I am sure i have not used any abusive language in posts, display names, using an abusive avatar, or spamming, among other undesirable activities.

At least if i got a mail saying the reason why they have banned the access would give me more information.

Please help to unbanned by account "by display name  is "sudan12" and email id is sudarsanank@hotmail.com

I tried to use sitefeedback link, but that did not work.

Thanks,

Sudarsanan

• Moved by Naomi NModerator Thursday, September 6, 2012 4:33 PM Forum's issue (From:Suggestions and Feedback for the Forums)
    • Edited by SudarsananK Monday, September 10, 2012 5:22 AM
    Monday, September 3, 2012 6:18 PM

Answers

All replies

• You profile activity is linked here:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Profile/sudan12/activity

Your profile does not match that of the typical spammer at all. I can view your activity and it seems normal. Perhaps your account has been un-banned already, since I can view the activity. However, I did find one thread deleted:

Using Sharepoint object model in WCF service hosted in IIS

A possible cause is as follows. You activity has been in the forum:  SharePoint 2010 - General Questions and Answers, which has had terrible problems with spam in the last 2 weeks. In particular, one type of spam redirects the thread (perhaps to another site) so that none of the normal display (such as buttons) shows, only an invitation to view streaming video (sports related). Your activity that was deleted (that I linked above) might have had a reply from the spammer that redirected the entire thread. People do not see your question/reply, only the invitation to view the streaming video. Perhaps, someone deleted the thread and banned you, because you authored the thread (asked the question). Perhaps they didn't realize that the person that asked the question was not the spammer.

Only a moderator (or administrator) in the SharePoint 2010 forum can tell (I believe). A moderator can filter on "Deleted" threads in the forum. If they can find the deleted thread I linked above (not easy with so many deleted recently and this one is 8 days ago as of now) they can view it. At first they will see the same redirected invitation. But, if they select View, Style, No Style (from the pull down menu) they will see the entire thread without the redirection. The thread is a bit hard to read, but the moderator can confirm that the original question was OK (and any reply of yours), and perhaps confirm that your account was banned in error.

I myself had worried that I might have requested that a user be banned in error. When I see the redirected spam invitation for the streaming video, I might have assumed the asker is the spammer. So far, I don't think I have made this mistake. I only recently figured out how this spam works, thanks to a suggestion by "Robert Aldwinckle on forums" to use the "View, Style, No Style" trick to view the thread in a raw form.

If your account is still banned, contact a moderator in the forum and ask them to check your deleted threads.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Saturday, September 8, 2012 7:17 PM
  • Hi Richard,

Thanks for the detailed explanation.

Ya i posted the question when there was lot of spam post.may be my post was in between those spam.

So how do i contact moderator to help me to unlock my account?

Thanks,

Sudarsanan

Monday, September 10, 2012 5:21 AM
  • Try using Site Feedback. Also, hopefully forum Owners/Admins can see this thread and will reply. Few users got accidentally banned already - I don't know if they were unbanned or what happened with them. There were a few similar threads in this forum recently, but I don't remember reading a resolution for these threads.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Monday, September 10, 2012 12:20 PM
  • It is not easy to contact moderators. This Wiki article describes how to determine who the moderators are, and suggestions to contact:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/7078.how-to-find-out-who-the-moderators-are-in-an-msdn-or-technet-forum.aspx

Most of the moderators in your forum seem to be Microsoft employees or contractors.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Monday, September 10, 2012 1:42 PM
  • Hi Naomi,

I have tried posting in site feedback. its been almost a week and no one replied.

I have also posted it in sharepoint asking for modarator to help, but still no help :(.

but i have no other choice i have to create a new account.

Any way thanks Richard and Naomi for the help.

Thanks,

Sudarsanan

Monday, September 10, 2012 5:13 PM
  • When Ed will see this thread, may be he will be able to escalate it. For now you have no other choice :(

As I said, few other people got into the same situation and I think they also don't have this problem resolved.

My blog

Monday, September 10, 2012 6:36 PM
  • Hi Naomi,

I have tried posting in site feedback. its been almost a week and no one replied.

I have also posted it in sharepoint asking for modarator to help, but still no help :(.

but i have no other choice i have to create a new account.

Any way thanks Richard and Naomi for the help.

Thanks,

Sudarsanan

Good efforts. Thanks for trying!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 8:42 PM
    Owner
  • When Ed will see this thread, may be he will be able to escalate it. For now you have no other choice :(

As I said, few other people got into the same situation and I think they also don't have this problem resolved.

My blog

Okay. Let's get crisp on the request. Richard helped by adding links.

What was the thread that caused the bug? Is this it: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sharepoint2010general/thread/a3e487f1-12fe-4b97-bea7-2770db8b1769/#a3e487f1-12fe-4b97-bea7-2770db8b1769

Do we need to fix that thread?

Spam's gone, but it looks buggy to me.

The second (original) request seems clear (thanks again to Richard for the link)... to unban http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Profile/sudan12.

However, it looks unbanned to me. My guest is the Site Feedback request kicked in. So you should be good to go.

Let me know about fixing that thread.

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 8:48 PM
    Owner