Windows Home Server and WSS 3.0 RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed WSS 3.0 on my Windows Home Server. 

I have configured WSS to run on port 8085 and have added this to the Firewall --> Virtual Servers section so that the port can get out of the network.

So I can now access WSS externally via HTTP://xxx.homeserver.com/8085 while I can access WHS via HTTPS://xxx.homeserver.com/

My problem is that I can't access WSS within my network.  I would expect at the very least to be able to hit it via HTTP://mediaserver:8085.  I get "The webpage cannot be found".  Localhost gives the same result on the server.

I have a Belkin Router.

How can I make this work internally?

Additional wish list:

Once I can access it, it would be nice to run it through HTTPS and to use the same URL internally and externally.  I realize this last part might be impossible,
    Thursday, February 18, 2010 10:00 AM

Answers

• This is now fixed.

Not sure what was going on but it suddenly started working.

Would still like to know if I am safe to install the certificate (there seem to be 2 for WHS??) on this site.  Presumable sharing is okay.

The final part of my wish list I have looked at briefly and it seems that to use the full URL within a network you are required to register your own DNS.  Seems over the top just to keep a URL consistent.  Any advice welcome.

Thanks,
    G
    Thursday, February 18, 2010 11:00 AM