Missing Data RRS feed

• Question

• I recently upgraded to Windows 7, so backed up my data first, did a wipe, and installed.  Installed Money Sunset I found I was missing all of my recent data, the most recent transaction was from June 2009.  None of the repair options have helped.  It is NOT possible (or at least very very unlikely) that I backed up the wrong file, as I confirmed it before the backup and backed up my entire "My Documents" folder.  Can anyone give any advice on this?

Thanks in advance,

Alon

Saturday, October 30, 2010 8:44 PM

All replies

• Search what you have backed up for *.mny files and *.mbf files.  I hope you have more than one. Check the dates on the files that pre-dates your new Windows 7 install to see which is newest, and should therefore have your newest transactions.

If you only saved the one Money file, then I would think whether you might have backed up to a USB flash drive more recently than June 2009.

You did not say what version of Money you were using, but starting with Money 2006, by default, Money would keep 4 time-stamped *.mbf backup files upon exit.

Sunday, October 31, 2010 6:22 AM