CRM 4.0 and SQL 2008 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

Does anyone have SQL 2008 and CRM 4.0 installed on the same server with reports working please??

Regards
    Wednesday, February 3, 2010 8:22 AM

Answers

• HI,

with sql server 2008 you can't see the reporting service in IIS, it's managed by sql server. You can confdigure the Reporting services with the "Reporting Service Configuration Manager" which you can find under start/Microsoft SQL Server 2008/COnfiguration Tools
    Viele Grüße

Michael Sulz
    MVP für Microsoft Dynamics CRM
    Wednesday, February 3, 2010 3:36 PM
  • what you want. I installed the reporting services on port 80, whatever the port of crm is.
    Viele Grüße

Michael Sulz
    Wednesday, February 3, 2010 4:07 PM
  • Hi,

SQL Reporting Services should have installed on Port 80 by default, but SQL 2008 no longer requires IIS for ReportServer so you won't be able to see it there. if you browse to http://localhost/reportserver on the server it should return with Reportserver information.

Also please ensure that your setup of report server was in Native Mode and not SharePoint integrated mode as CRM does not support running Report Server in SharePoint Integrated Mode.
    Wednesday, February 3, 2010 5:28 PM

All replies

• yes, and that without any problems.

Viele Grüße

Michael Sulz
    Wednesday, February 3, 2010 8:26 AM
  • Ok.

I have an issue with reporting.... can you please guide me on what you have done so that reports work cause I cannot figure out why they are not working.

I installed Crm to SQL Reporting system connector as well. The reporting services are installed because the database is visible. In IIS usually when installing sql reporting services a new website is available but it is not showing (I don't know if in 2008 it should show)

Can you please guide me on how to configure them so that I can at least the CRM default reports at least please

Thanks and Regards
    Wednesday, February 3, 2010 8:41 AM
  • Can you help me please?
    Wednesday, February 3, 2010 11:22 AM
  • When you install CRM in WK8 environments is mandatory to download the Installation packages updates, for all components. In addition, check the credentials for services accounts in SRS, Try to use the systems accounts (NETWORK SERVICES), an other issue it can be the authentication method that you have configured in SRS Web Site, if you have set to anonymous access change it to Windows integrated security.

Regards
    Wednesday, February 3, 2010 2:51 PM
  • There is not SRS website........ it is not visible in IIS........... maybe 2008 is different but I cannot see any website
    Wednesday, February 3, 2010 2:54 PM
  • HI,

with sql server 2008 you can't see the reporting service in IIS, it's managed by sql server. You can confdigure the Reporting services with the "Reporting Service Configuration Manager" which you can find under start/Microsoft SQL Server 2008/COnfiguration Tools
    Viele Grüße

Michael Sulz
    Wednesday, February 3, 2010 3:36 PM
  • Yes, but should it be on the same CRM port or different port??

Regards,

Wednesday, February 3, 2010 4:01 PM
  • what you want. I installed the reporting services on port 80, whatever the port of crm is.
    Viele Grüße

Michael Sulz
    Wednesday, February 3, 2010 4:07 PM
  • There is not SRS website........ it is not visible in IIS........... maybe 2008 is different but I cannot see any website

This may help
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb522824.aspx

regards
    Wednesday, February 3, 2010 4:52 PM
  • Hi,

SQL Reporting Services should have installed on Port 80 by default, but SQL 2008 no longer requires IIS for ReportServer so you won't be able to see it there. if you browse to http://localhost/reportserver on the server it should return with Reportserver information.

Also please ensure that your setup of report server was in Native Mode and not SharePoint integrated mode as CRM does not support running Report Server in SharePoint Integrated Mode.
    Wednesday, February 3, 2010 5:28 PM
  • http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/957053?p=1

Explains what to do regarding Reporting Services for SQL 2008

Sunday, March 21, 2010 4:18 AM