Working with xamarin forms and remote procedure calls RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I’m having problems with a Xamarin forms project.  This project contains an Android, IOS, and UWP projects. 

I’m trying to create an azure based remote procedure call application for my Xamarin application to use in passing images and other data to work against an azure databases.

I have tried the following:

WCF (with asmx) – works with the UWP but not with android or IOS

WFC (creating as .svc file) – doesn’t work at all

gRPC – now working with Xamarin at all.

I’ve been working on this problem for nearly a month and an no closer to making this work than when I started.

Can you help?  Do you have Xamarin forms code that move images back and forth between a mobile app and service hosted on azure?

!!!HELP!!!

Frustrated and Excused

Monday, August 17, 2020 6:01 PM

All replies

• Hi billbuch01,

Thank you for posting here.

Since this thread is related to Xamarin, so I suggest that you can ask this question in Xamarin Community Forums.

The Visual C# forum discusses and asks questions about the C# programming language, IDE, libraries, samples, and tools.

Best Regards,

Timon

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, August 18, 2020 1:39 AM