Microsoft Learning Lab Launcher RRS feed

• Question

• There has been a class going on in session, 6418B to be exact. The course is 3 days long and it started yesterday. Up until noon today the course has been running fine as well as the virtual pc's.  Randomly today the Lab Launcher for the course stopped working although it has been working for the past day and half. I've reinstalled Virtual Server 05 and it still does not work. All that happens is I double click it, it shows up on the taskbar like it has loaded but nothing actually has. I need to get this problem solved asap, any help is  greatly appreciated.
    Tuesday, October 21, 2008 6:34 PM

All replies

• Hi There-

Please contact me at learnmgr@microsoft.com and I'll be happy to put you in touch with the team that supports the labs.

Thanks-
    Alicia
    Program Manager, Server and Tools Online Engineering Live Services Team
    Wednesday, October 29, 2008 5:02 PM
  • This happened to me. In one class I was able to do a system restore and this solved the problem. In another class system restore was not on and thus could not use that solution. I copied the .dll's in the 6418\Data folder from the setup disk  and this solved the problem.
    Thursday, November 6, 2008 8:35 PM
  • Any solution for this issue?

It's happened to me several times already?

Thanks,

-RVT
    Friday, November 21, 2008 4:46 PM
  • RVT said:

Any solution for this issue?

It's happened to me several times already?

Thanks,

-RVT

Hi There-

Please contact me at learnmgr@microsoft.com and I'll be happy to put you in touch with the team that supports the labs.

Thanks-
    Alicia

Program Manager, Server and Tools Online Engineering Live Services Team
    Monday, November 24, 2008 10:24 AM
  • Open Task Manager (ctrl alt del on host pc)
    In Application tab select the LAb launcher, right click and select Maximize
    It will maximize the Lab launcher.
    If you try right click on the icon in the task bar and select maximize it will not work.

Florin

florin@learningsolution.ro
    • Proposed as answer by Florin8856 Thursday, December 11, 2008 11:07 PM
    Thursday, December 11, 2008 5:36 PM
  • This problem can be solved by addressing the position of the launcher !!
    When the launcher is activated it will show up on the taskbar, but it may not be visible on the screen because of the settings in LauncherSettings.config file.

Simple solution... Right click Launcher Tab on taskbar... Select move,
                                but try not move your mouse around after move is selected!!
                                Right arrow on desktop for one second to capture the scope of the move....      
                                Now use your mouse and the Launcher window will be captured in the field of view !!
                                Presto !!! Launcher can now be situated on desktop as needed.
                                I think this anomoly has something to do with default resolution and position values
                                in the afore-mentioned file

Bigmack
    Me
    • Proposed as answer by Dr3zm90 Saturday, August 13, 2011 12:13 AM
    Thursday, February 19, 2009 1:58 PM
  • Cool !!! Solved my problem ! Thanks !!

Carlos
    Thursday, June 18, 2009 5:52 PM
  • Florin8856 Thank you so much, you are so great. the problem solved due to your answer.

Many thanks

Roman

Monday, September 13, 2010 8:15 PM
  • Thanks Alicia Cales, you paid a lot of effort..

defaulting on student loans
    Monday, September 20, 2010 12:48 PM
  • Hey Man is Cool, Tanks for you  Answer
    Friday, September 24, 2010 2:20 AM
  • Thanks a lot it works

Wednesday, June 1, 2011 6:48 AM