update Date Created field RRS feed

• Question

• We are using Dynamics 2011 RU 13 on premise.

I would like to create a workflow where I can copy the date and time from one field and place it in the Date Created field. The problem is that the Date Created field is greyed out and it won't let me do anything.

Is there another way that I can do this? I want the change to be permanent so that the new date and time are shown in the Date Created column in the activity views

many thanks for your help

David 

Thursday, June 13, 2013 8:56 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Yes you can not change "created on" field directly from a system workflow.

But you can do it though a custom workflow by modifying "overriddencreatedon" field.

The date assign to "overriddencreatedon" will reflect on "craetedon" field.

Thanks,

Kabita

• Marked as answer by DavidP123 Monday, June 17, 2013 2:08 PM
    Thursday, June 13, 2013 10:35 AM

All replies

• You can't edit the date created or date modified fields directly (nor the corresponding "modified by" and "created by" fields). These are a true reflection of these events taking place, ie when a record actually was created in the system. (you can override them to some extent during original data import only, I believe)

Maybe you need to add a custom field to use instead for something equivalent to "Activity created date" or whatever your scenario is.

Or maybe use one of the built-in date/time fields on activities, such as "Planned start date" (not all of these planned / actual start/end fields are shown on all activity forms by default, you may need to customise forms to add them).

Hope this helps.
    Adam Vero, Microsoft Certified Trainer | Microsoft Community Contributor 2011
    Blog: Getting IT Right

• Proposed as answer by Adam Vero Thursday, June 13, 2013 9:27 AM
    Thursday, June 13, 2013 9:25 AM
  • Hi,

Yes you can not change "created on" field directly from a system workflow.

But you can do it though a custom workflow by modifying "overriddencreatedon" field.

The date assign to "overriddencreatedon" will reflect on "craetedon" field.

Thanks,

Kabita

• Marked as answer by DavidP123 Monday, June 17, 2013 2:08 PM
    Thursday, June 13, 2013 10:35 AM
  • Hi Kabita

Thats great but would you be able to give me an example of a custom workflow for this please?

I've tried a few but not had any luck so far

thanks

David

Monday, June 17, 2013 2:07 PM
  • Hi David,

Please go through below link.

How to Modify the “Created On” Value of Dynamics CRM 2011

Thanks

Kabita

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 6:43 AM