Do people use tableadapters? RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to get some sense for how many people use the tableadapters generated by VS. They are certainly convenient, at least for simple table queries/updates, but do they stand-up in an enterprise transaction-based environment? Also, I am not sure how I feel about having 4600 lines of code generated for me when I could write the SQL statements in much, much less than that. If you had to recommend a 'data broker framework' for an enterprise would it be tableadapters?
    Tuesday, March 2, 2010 9:07 PM

Answers

• Hi DreamU,

Well, It's hard to say how many peope use TableAdapter now. But i can tell you that many people prefer using TableAdapter because it provides great convenience and less work. But there are also many people would like to other ways such as create business objects because they prefer more control over the code and probable performance benefit.

Regards
    Jeff Shan
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    • Marked as answer by Jeff Shan Wednesday, March 10, 2010 2:12 AM
    Friday, March 5, 2010 7:42 AM

All replies

• Hi DreamU,

Well, It's hard to say how many peope use TableAdapter now. But i can tell you that many people prefer using TableAdapter because it provides great convenience and less work. But there are also many people would like to other ways such as create business objects because they prefer more control over the code and probable performance benefit.

Regards
    Jeff Shan
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    • Marked as answer by Jeff Shan Wednesday, March 10, 2010 2:12 AM
    Friday, March 5, 2010 7:42 AM
  • Hi DreamU,

Well, It's hard to say how many peope use TableAdapter now. But i can tell you that many people prefer using TableAdapter because it provides great dat convenience and less work. But there are also many people would like to other ways such as create business objects because they prefer more control over the code and probable performance benefit.

Regards
    Jeff Shan

Hi, I prefer using business objects though it has more to do.
    Sunday, July 18, 2010 2:03 AM