none
SyncToyCmd Fails with Upgrade Message RRS feed

• Question

• We are running SyncToyCmd in a batch file using HostMonitor.  When HostMonitor runs it, we get the following error:

SyncToyCmd cannot continue until the recent SyncToy upgrade is complete.
    Please complete the SyncToy upgrade by running SyncToy.exe.

We can run the same batch file directly (no HostMonitor) and it works flawlessly.  I've seen one other post on this, but no true answer.  Can anyone tell me why I get this message running under HostMonitor and not running it directly?

Thanks,
    Derek
    • Edited by dprice Friday, July 31, 2009 8:36 PM font change
    Friday, July 31, 2009 8:35 PM

Answers

• We actually found a workaround with HostMonitor - we changed the profile in which SyncToyCmd runs under.  Although I would still like to know why the error message erroneously reports an upgrade message.

Thanks,
    Derek
    Monday, August 3, 2009 1:58 PM

All replies

• We actually found a workaround with HostMonitor - we changed the profile in which SyncToyCmd runs under.  Although I would still like to know why the error message erroneously reports an upgrade message.

Thanks,
    Derek
    Monday, August 3, 2009 1:58 PM
  • Hi -

This is because we store SyncToy specific information under a profile's application directory. You need to run SyncToy at least once on an upgrade to update the information in that profile.

Thanks
    Deepa
    Deepa ( Microsoft Sync Framework)
    Thursday, August 6, 2009 12:14 AM
  • Thanks, Deepa.  Is there anyway of just copying this profile information to another profile?  In our case before we changed the profile, there was no way for us to RDC to a virtual PC to run SyncToyCmd on the LOCALSYSTEM.

Thanks,
    Derek
    Thursday, August 6, 2009 1:05 PM