none
SyncToyCMD issue - "run SyncToy.exe to complete the initial synchronization" RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

i have an issue with the SyncToy 2.0
    i have read about this issue on several webpages, but i haven't found any solution for this.

I configured 4 Folders for synchronization. I did run all of them manually within the GUI and everything was fine.

But my scheduled tasks fails for just one Folder with this error:

SyncToyCmd has detected that the folder pair <blablabla> has not been synchronized yet. Please run SyncToy.exe to complete the initial synchronization.

The permissions for this folder pair are ok, and like i said above i have started it more than 10 times by the GUI.
    Recreating this folder pair does not help.

Has anyone any suggestion to resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance!
    Wednesday, March 4, 2009 10:19 AM

Answers

• Hi -

Anything special about the folder pair? Are the folders on local drives or remote drives? Are you accessing them as as net file share (Z:\ etc) or as a UNC path ( \\servername\\.. etc).

Also, can you share what your command line looks like?

Thanks
    Deepa
    Deepa ( Microsoft Sync Framework)
    Thursday, March 5, 2009 1:14 AM

All replies

• Hi -

Anything special about the folder pair? Are the folders on local drives or remote drives? Are you accessing them as as net file share (Z:\ etc) or as a UNC path ( \\servername\\.. etc).

Also, can you share what your command line looks like?

Thanks
    Deepa
    Deepa ( Microsoft Sync Framework)
    Thursday, March 5, 2009 1:14 AM
  • I have the same issue.  My left folder is on my local Vista workstation and the right folder is on a network share.  It runs fine from the GUI, but I always get the "SyncToyCmd has detected that the folder pair <blablabla> has not been synchronized yet" error when running SyncToyCmd.exe.

Did you ever find a solution?
    Friday, May 22, 2009 6:00 PM
  • Delete the folder pair, recreate them and then run again.
    Friday, May 22, 2009 11:44 PM
  • I tried that too, it doesn't act any different.
    Tuesday, May 26, 2009 12:23 PM