Prioritized traffic? RRS feed

• Question

• Our organization is very "branched", thus we have a Cisco router for each branch-office. The routers are somewhat configured for "QoS". How do we configure them to prioritize OCS-traffic?
    Tuesday, May 8, 2007 5:44 AM

Answers

• From the OCS Admin console expand the forest, expand the pool, and then right click on Front Ends and select Properties. Click on the Voice tab and then click the Configure button. Here you can see the values you can configure for QoS. The Voice QoS value can be 0-63 and the default is 40. The 802.1p value can be 0-7 and the default is 5.
    Tuesday, May 22, 2007 7:34 PM

All replies

• From the OCS Admin console expand the forest, expand the pool, and then right click on Front Ends and select Properties. Click on the Voice tab and then click the Configure button. Here you can see the values you can configure for QoS. The Voice QoS value can be 0-63 and the default is 40. The 802.1p value can be 0-7 and the default is 5.
    Tuesday, May 22, 2007 7:34 PM
  • This settiing is only for Communicator phone edition.

Windows XP clients must to by set by GP.

It's my experience.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 8:14 AM
  • Richard,

Would you know how this is set in Windows XP by GPO?

I know the QoS Packet Scheduler GPO settings exist in windows XP, but don't know how to set them so that Communicator marks DSCP values on it's traffic. I know there are extra GPO settings in Vista which give more control over this, but haven't figured out how to do it in XP. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Tuesday, June 30, 2009 4:03 PM
  • It's actually a registry change you need to make on the clients to have them start doing DSCP markings. If you have the GPO client-side extensions deployed I've used GPO Preferences in the past to deploy the reg key successfully. Otherwise you could script it and apply as a login script or build a custom .ADM.

You can find the QoS information here for the servers and clients: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd572295(office.13).aspx
    Tuesday, August 4, 2009 8:37 PM