CRM 2016 - Learning - need enviornment RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Hi

I am currently working on CRM 2011 and I want to learn CRM 2016 so I am looking for the possible options to explore either onpremise or online version of CRM 2016.

I have registered with Microsoft to get access to 30 days trail version of CRM 2016 online, now I want to know the following..

1. Is there any other way I can extend that trail period by paying fee ? How much does it cost?

2. can we have on premise 2016 for personal use, I have checked the MS site and found 50$/month but I don't understand whether I need to buy 5 users/seats which I don't want,  I am the only person going to use/explore and not for commercial purpose.

3. also, how can I practice plugins, custom workflows in CRM 2016 online version? will I get access to my test CRM Organization database/access via Plugin Registration Tool...etc.)

Any help/links would be really helpful.

MSK.

• Edited by mgsk Tuesday, July 26, 2016 3:27 PM
    Tuesday, July 26, 2016 10:42 AM

All replies

• Hello,

You can do all the on premise changes on CRM 2016 online.

Use the SDK for changes.

To answer your questions:

1. You cannot extent the trial period. Fees for online will be per user CAL.

2. For OnPremise, download the trial version and you can use it for 90 days with 5 CAL.

3. IF you want to practice plugins, workflows, etc, use the same plugin registration tool from your local machine and give the URL of CRM 2016 Online and get connect. Deploy the same using sandbox method.

Hope this details helps.

Hardik.

• Proposed as answer by Harjit Samra Thursday, August 11, 2016 2:26 PM
    Tuesday, July 26, 2016 2:57 PM
  • Thanks Hardik.
    Wednesday, July 27, 2016 9:07 AM