adobe & PDF RRS feed

• Question

• This past week, when receiveing email attachments in Adobe format, I go to open and it defaults to Adobe (which is how it was sent) but Word 2007 actually opens and the document can not be read.

Please....how do I correct this - I need the documents to open properly without the Office 2007 over ride to garble.

Thanks
    Wednesday, July 2, 2008 3:10 PM

Answers

• Hello BellaBella,

While this is not the correct forum to ask your question (we deal with Vista Activation and Validation issues) I can quickly answer your question.

To make it so that when you double-click a PDF file that Adobe Reader launches and opens the file, you need to:

1) Right-click on any PDF file

2) Select the option "Open With..."

3) The Open With window will open and there will be a "Recommended Programs" area and a "Other Programs" area.

4) Make sure the box next to "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file" is checked

5a) If Adobe Reader is listed in either the Recommended or Other area, then jump down to step 7

5b) If Adobe Reader is not listed in either areas, then click the "Browse..." button and navigate to the Adobe Reader folder and double-click (I think) "AcroRd32.exe"

6) You will return to the "Open With" windows

7) Select Adobe Reader and click the OK button.

You should now be able to double-click any PDF file and Adobe Reader should launch and open that file for you.

Hope that helps,

Darin Smith

WGA Forum Manager

Wednesday, July 2, 2008 5:11 PM
  • Darin
    Thank you, Thank you.....Thank you

BellaBella

Wednesday, July 2, 2008 8:22 PM

All replies

• Hello BellaBella,

While this is not the correct forum to ask your question (we deal with Vista Activation and Validation issues) I can quickly answer your question.

To make it so that when you double-click a PDF file that Adobe Reader launches and opens the file, you need to:

1) Right-click on any PDF file

2) Select the option "Open With..."

3) The Open With window will open and there will be a "Recommended Programs" area and a "Other Programs" area.

4) Make sure the box next to "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file" is checked

5a) If Adobe Reader is listed in either the Recommended or Other area, then jump down to step 7

5b) If Adobe Reader is not listed in either areas, then click the "Browse..." button and navigate to the Adobe Reader folder and double-click (I think) "AcroRd32.exe"

6) You will return to the "Open With" windows

7) Select Adobe Reader and click the OK button.

You should now be able to double-click any PDF file and Adobe Reader should launch and open that file for you.

Hope that helps,

Darin Smith

WGA Forum Manager

Wednesday, July 2, 2008 5:11 PM
  • Darin
    Thank you, Thank you.....Thank you

BellaBella

Wednesday, July 2, 2008 8:22 PM