OCS 2007 R2, Attendant, and Cisco UCM 7.x RRS feed

• Question

• We are currently using OCS 2007 Standard integrated with our Cisco UCM 7.x via CUCIMOC. Soon, we will be upgrading our AD Forest Functionality level to Windows Server 2003 so that we can upgrade OCS 2007 to R2 Enterprise Edition. One reason for this is to use the new Attendant available in this release of OCS.

Currently, our MOC clients use the Cisco CUCIMOC piece to integrate into the Cisco Call Manager system. How would we integrate the new Attendant in R2 with our UCM 7.x system? Is it even possible?

Nick
    Monday, September 21, 2009 7:55 PM

All replies

• You would need to enable enterprise voice in OCS for the user that wants to use the attendant and deploy mediaiton servers to integrate to CUCM from OCS. There is no CUCiMOC version for the OC attendant console hence the need for OCS enterpise voice.

Cheers
    Chris 
    http://voipnorm.blogspot.com/
    Monday, September 21, 2009 9:29 PM
  • HI Nick,
    I have a question for you. We have the cucimoc and ocsr2 running in our AD. We have one issue with cucimoc that when we click and drag an OCS user in the cuicimoc window to the call buton in cucimoc the call fails (i think is says no number associated with user). However if we manuall type the number for that user in cucimoc and call it works. You have any ideas what might be wrong?

One think we managed to get working is a direct communicator call from ocs client to cucimoc. we did this by creating a sip trunk between ocs and ccm. then before we removed the call ocs call functionality from the cucimoc client we set it to forward to all ocs calls to the users cisco call number but we prefixed it with 2 digits and then stripped these digits in call mananager. we then removed the ocs call functions from cucimoc using the reg keys.

so an example would be..
    ocs users right clicks cucimoc user in his communciator client and selects communicator call. The cucimoc users either phone or cucimoc client rings

what is happening in background...
    1. ocs user initiates cummicator call to cucimoc user
    2. the call gets forwarded over the sip trunks to call manager with the cucimoc users number with a prefix of 2 numbers
    3. the 2 number prefix gets stripped in call manager
    4. users cucimoc rings
    Celtic
    Wednesday, September 23, 2009 9:33 AM
  • HI Nick,
    I have a question for you. We have the cucimoc and ocsr2 running in our AD. We have one issue with cucimoc that when we click and drag an OCS user in the cuicimoc window to the call buton in cucimoc the call fails (i think is says no number associated with user). However if we manuall type the number for that user in cucimoc and call it works. You have any ideas what might be wrong?

Celtic
    Celtic:

I spent a lot of time on the phone with the Cisco TAC team to get CUCIMOC integrated correctly. I don't remember if MOC R2 is supported with CUCIMOC or not. I do remember that it took a lot of finagling to get the correct telephone numbers to show up correctly in MOC so that it could dial the numbers correctly. Sorry I can't be more help. but I went through this a couple of months ago and I have slept since then. :-)

UPDATE: I just thought of something. Have your tried re-running the 2 cop files on your Call Manager server? These files enable CUCIMOC to use the dialing rules set up in Call Manager by copying an XML file to the Cisco TFTP server. They must be run on each Call Manager server which is running TFTP, and the TFTP services on each server must be restarted afterward.

Good luck.
    Wednesday, September 23, 2009 6:36 PM