How to use Microsoft Sync? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am extremely new to Microsoft Sync framework. I am trying to implement a Database Provider-Subscriber system. Basically to sync two databases together. However, I find the scripts extremely complex. Are we required to create the database SQL generation script from scratch? The typical examples i see consists of SQL files of over a couple of hundred lines.

I think i am missing out something here because I highly doubt Microsoft will create a tool this complex to use. I am merely trying to synchornize two tables on two separate database. If I need to write an entire transact SQL script of 200 lines then something must be really wrong. Any idea what I am missing?

I can't seem to find good tutorials (not just codes) on Microsoft Sync, any guide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    aar
    • Moved by Max Wang_1983 Thursday, April 21, 2011 11:04 PM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Wednesday, October 21, 2009 6:36 AM

Answers

• Hi -

The latest version of our framework includes Provisioning API that make writing of these scripts easier.
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=89adbb1e-53ff-41b5-ba17-8e43a2e66254&displaylang=en

Copying the relevant portion -
  • Provisioning and Management APIs: Provisioning and initialization activities that were previously exposed only through Visual Studio tooling have now been added to the database provider APIs. This includes the ability to provision an existing database by adding the change-tracking tables and triggers that are required by Sync Framework. It also includes the ability to start with an empty database, create the user schema, and provision that schema based on another server or client database that has already been provisioned.

• Thanks
    Deepa

Deepa ( Microsoft Sync Framework)
Wednesday, October 21, 2009 5:52 PM
Answerer