Knowledge Base RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I've got a question about the Dynamics CRM 4 Knowledge base...

Since i want to add Manuals to some articles but it isn't possible to add Notes/Attachments i was wondering if there is any Custom Knowledge Base or something around..

I allready made some SQL change so i am able to customize the Article/ArticleComment/ArticleTemplate entities but i'm still unable to get the Notes/Attachments working..

Also, when made this SQL change, i am able to open and edit the Article entities but when i Export the customization.xml file, and edit it like this.. changing

<HasRelatedNotes>False</HasRelatedNotes> to <HasRelatedNotes>True</HasRelatedNotes>

When i save this and import it in the CRM it looks like the changes haven't been saved/imported at all... because i still don't have notes enabled and stuff... Should i make more changes?

So is there any way/3rd party addon/script or whatsoever that will be able to enable this or some kind of custom Knowledge Base?

thanks in advance,

Monday, September 20, 2010 8:13 AM

Answers

• The text itself should be a hyperlink, Ex:

·         http://www.microsoft.com

- then, copy and paste this hyperlink directly into the KB article.

Make sure, you Save/Submit/Approve your Article and then test for the hyperlink.

This will work!

Cheers, Edwin
    Monday, September 20, 2010 11:34 AM

All replies

• It is not possible to add attachments/notes to knowledge base - there is no out-of-box functionality to acheive the same.

And, modifying the entity xml is not supported by Microsoft and it strictly it falls into the unsupported bucket.

Article(Knowledge Base) is a system entity which is not customizable as well

One another approach would be to add a link to the document (manual) inside the article itself.

Hope this helps...

Cheers, Edwin
    • Proposed as answer by Edwin2win Monday, September 20, 2010 11:56 AM
    Monday, September 20, 2010 10:39 AM
  • Thanks for your answer...

Then is it possible to add hyperlinks to an article? Because when i add a url like http://www.microsoft.com/test.pdf or something.. it doesn't create a hyperlink but just a regular text.. so then i still have to copy-paste it into any browser..

Monday, September 20, 2010 11:18 AM
  • The text itself should be a hyperlink, Ex:

·         http://www.microsoft.com

- then, copy and paste this hyperlink directly into the KB article.

Make sure, you Save/Submit/Approve your Article and then test for the hyperlink.

This will work!

Cheers, Edwin
    Monday, September 20, 2010 11:34 AM
  • Awesome, i just created a hyperlink using Microsoft Word and then just copy and paste it into the KB article, this works fine.

Thanks for this!

• Proposed as answer by Edwin2win Monday, September 20, 2010 11:54 AM
    Monday, September 20, 2010 11:46 AM