none
Not able to debug the C/C++ (native) ODBC driver code, while using Power query of Excel and Power BI RRS feed

• Question

• I have written an SQLite ODBC Driver by leveraging open source. This code in c/c++ (native). Now, when I try to debug my driver code, with Excel using the legacy wizard (to fetch data), breakpoints always get hit. But whenever I tried to debug my code using power query, same code, same driver DLL, (cross-check DLL with the latest code, since breakpoint hit when going with the legacy wizard) breakpoint never hit. I looked into "Module" window of VS2017/2015. It doesn't show my driver DLL but still, data successfully get fetched. Same issue I am facing with Power BI.I don't understand without loading driver DLL how excel/power Bi is fetching data. Now, there is some defect I need to resolve, which is generating only if the user tries to fetch data using Power Query( Get data->from ODBC). Until I won't able to debug, I can't resolve the defect.
    • Moved by Baron Bi Wednesday, March 7, 2018 2:32 AM Not about c++ development
    Thursday, February 8, 2018 5:40 AM

All replies

• Hi,

thanks for posting here.

This forum is about c++ codes issues with desktop applications. For your case, I suggest you post on Power Query forum or Driver development forum for better support.

Your understanding and cooperation will be grateful.

Best Regards,

Baron Bi

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Guido Franzke Friday, February 9, 2018 8:13 AM
    Thursday, February 8, 2018 9:02 AM
  • Thanks, Baron.

At least now I know the right place to post my query.

Thursday, February 8, 2018 9:19 AM