Home server isn't backing up a computer with Windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I'm hoping someone can please help me.  I have a Home Server with Power Pack 3 on it.  One of my computers is a Dell that came preloaded with Windows XP.  I then bought a new copy of Windows 7 Ultimate and installed it on the client desktop.  Ever since then, my Home Server fails when it tries to do a backup of this one computer.  The other computers in the house, (that don't have Win7 on them) backup fine.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled the connector.  What else can I try?
    Saturday, June 26, 2010 1:39 AM

All replies

•  On 6/25/2010 8:39 PM, nonyup wrote:

Hi, I'm hoping someone can please help me.  I have a Home Server with Power Pack 3 on it.  One of my computers is a Dell that came preloaded with Windows XP.  I then bought a new copy of Windows 7 Ultimate and installed it on the client desktop.  Ever since then, my Home Server fails when it tries to do a backup of this one computer.  The other computers in the house, (that don't have Win7 on them) backup fine.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled the connector.  What else can I try?

Hello nonyup,

When you go into the console, does it show any errors in the "View Backups" for that computer?  It should say something like "Incomplete backup" or "Network failed" (maybe in the details section).  If you give us the information from there, along with whether you're able to access the console from the Windows 7 computer (and whether it shows grey or a different color), that will give us some areas to start with.

Hope this helps, and have a great day:)
    Patrick.

Smile... Someone out there cares deeply for you.
    Have you updated today?
    http://update.microsoft.com

Smile.. Someone out there cares deeply for you.
    Saturday, June 26, 2010 4:27 PM