How do you view all paid bills? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using Money Plus Home and Business for my small home business. It seems the only way to track business expenses is to enter them into bills. So I did that, but I want to be able to see all of my expenses and not just upcoming recurring bills. If I go to View History from Bills, all it shows me is the transactions from last month (I don't have any this month yet) and nothing prior. There's no place to set the date range anywhere. I want to see individual transactions and not just a snapshot like in the reports.

Going into Banking doesn't help because I have expenses coming out of a few different accounts. I want to see everything in chronological order.

If this can't be done, I would be happy with running a report or something to show all the bills I paid in 2012, line by line, not lumped together or categorized by anything.

Thanks!

Friday, February 8, 2013 10:49 PM

Answers

• In MSMoney Home there is an Account Transactions report that can be customized to do what you want.  And you can export the report to Excel and massage it further to get the format that you need.  Is that report missing from H&B?

Bill Becker

• Marked as answer by FluffiB Saturday, February 9, 2013 12:10 PM
    Saturday, February 9, 2013 5:01 AM
  • I don't use business, but here are some things about reports such as TransactionsByPayee or the report that Bill cites. Click Customize and on the Rows&Columns tab, there is SubtotalBy. Set that to None.

Set other factors, including Date, Category, etc to your liking.

One way to pass a report to your spreadsheet is to right-click into the midst of the report. Then Paste into your spreadsheet.

Saturday, February 9, 2013 6:14 AM

All replies

• In MSMoney Home there is an Account Transactions report that can be customized to do what you want.  And you can export the report to Excel and massage it further to get the format that you need.  Is that report missing from H&B?

Bill Becker

Saturday, February 9, 2013 5:01 AM
  • I don't use business, but here are some things about reports such as TransactionsByPayee or the report that Bill cites. Click Customize and on the Rows&Columns tab, there is SubtotalBy. Set that to None.

Set other factors, including Date, Category, etc to your liking.

One way to pass a report to your spreadsheet is to right-click into the midst of the report. Then Paste into your spreadsheet.

Saturday, February 9, 2013 6:14 AM
  • Thank you, both! I was playing around with the Account Transactions yesterday and gave up. All I needed was 3 more clicks to get what I wanted. Thank you!
    Saturday, February 9, 2013 12:09 PM