Home Server and partition resize RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there, I've done a very bad thing on my home server. I've resized partition and created another one next to. Now I cannot start backup service. I've tried to delete the new one partition and extended the original one, but still backup service cannot start. I still have backup of one of my computers that I dont have today on the server and I cannot access to the data of that and I need to. Still have there photos and videos from history which I cannot lose. What should I do?
    Sunday, May 23, 2010 9:24 PM

All replies

• At this point, you'd best do a "server reinstallation" - you may or may not lose your backups depending on whether WHS can detect the correct files
    Monday, May 24, 2010 11:26 PM
  • If you have photos etc on the server, which you cannot loose, it is high time to invoke the backup function of the server and backup your shared folders regulary to external disks. (A server can also be destroyed by overvoltage, fire, water, theft ..., data can be lost due to user error or malware.)

For now go the way of Server reinstallation (not a "new" installation!) as recommended by Evaders99.

If you want to ensure to save your special important data, read also the FAQ How to recover data after server failure.

Best greetings from German
    Olaf

Tuesday, May 25, 2010 7:28 AM