Azure Devops -> Angular Front-End + .Net Framework Backend RRS feed

• Question

• hello good people,

I have an application split up into two separate projects:

1. Angular app as the frontend
    2. .NET Framework api as the backend

I'm trying to create a pipeline in Azure Devops to build and deploy the app, but I'm not having any luck.  I can get both apps to compile, but I'm not quite sure how I get the angular app to know where the .net framework api is deployed.

Does anyone have any general guidance on this situation?  Maybe a tutorial I can look at?  I've done research online including about 20 or so videos on YouTube, and I'm back at square 1.  I'm able to deploy it manually, but I've been a bit lost trying to do so through a pipeline.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you all so much!

Saturday, October 31, 2020 6:09 PM

All replies

• https://www.codemag.com/article/1705091/Building-an-Angular-Front-End-for-an-ASP.NET-Web-API

please find link hope it will help  please mark answer and vote

Saturday, October 31, 2020 7:22 PM
  • Hi,

I think that for the first which is how can the angular app knows where the back end is, I think you should put the base url information as part of the build variables that you can pass with each execution of the pipeline.

also you need to provide more informations about the project structure, where did you host both the backend and the front end.

anyway here is an article about the topic:

https://timdows.com/projects/net-core-with-angular-continuous-integration-and-deployment-with-azure-devops/

Best regards.

Saturday, October 31, 2020 7:32 PM
  • Hi bdavis217,

Thank you for posting here.

Since this thread is related to Azure DevOps, so I suggest that you can ask this question in Developer Community or StackOverFlow.

The Visual C# forum discusses and asks questions about the C# programming language, IDE, libraries, samples, and tools.

Best Regards,

Timon

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 2, 2020 5:34 AM
  • Since this thread is related to Azure DevOps, so I suggest that you can ask this question in Developer Community or StackOverFlow.
    Thanks for showing me the right direction to go forward!
    Thursday, November 19, 2020 3:15 PM