Cannot upload photos from my WM6.1 device to Live Mesh Mobile RRS feed

• General discussion

• Everytime I try to upload a picture from my Sprint Mogul Windows Mobile 6.1 to my mesh Mobile Pictures folder, I get the following error:

"The Web Service detected potentially dangerous data in the incoming request, hence the requested operation cannot be completed.  Please review the input and retry the operation."

These are all fresh .jpg's taken on my camera phone.  I cannot upload any pictures at all.

I can take these same .jpg's, sync these .jpg's to my Windows Vista laptop, then copy them to my Mobile Pictures folder.  It will work that way, it will happily copy it to my Live Desktop and other Meshed devices.

Do you not support .jpg's for m.mesh.com?

Any help would be appreciated.
    -Paul
    • Changed type Ben [Live Mesh] Tuesday, September 2, 2008 8:47 PM open discussion
    Friday, August 8, 2008 4:25 PM

All replies

• Anyone else experiencing this?
    -Paul
    Wednesday, August 13, 2008 6:52 PM
  • I haven't actually tried a mobile upload (and I don't have that device or use Sprint), so I can't say it works or not.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare Forum Moderator
    Thursday, August 14, 2008 7:17 PM
  • I get the same error from My Tilt win WM6.1
    Carmelo Milian
    Friday, August 15, 2008 6:00 PM
  • I have no problem from my T-Mobile UK Vario II.

My gut reaction was that it was Network Provider related; some sort of meta data of something associated with their HSUPA/GPRS/EDGE process.

Have you tried to soft reset and re-upload? Drastic I know, but a hard re-set and try again?
    Saturday, August 16, 2008 2:01 PM
  • Paul - I get the same thing.

My carrier is Verizon, I have a Samsung I-760.
    Friday, September 5, 2008 4:19 PM
  • I had the same problem as Paul when I tried uploading mobile phone pics for the first time. I tried renaming the pic from photo.jpg to photo.png but that didn't work either.

My solution was to use Opera instead of MS Internet Explorer! Ha! MS's own browser won't do it but the competition's will! Brilliant.

My phone has both browsers installed so I just used the other one and it worked great. The only intitial thing with Opera was that it loaded the full size web page from www.mesh.com instead of the mobile version. Easy enough though - just use m.mesh.com instead.

I have a HTC Diamond Touch (flashed with SwiftBL ROM), WM 6.1

Saturday, January 24, 2009 4:30 PM
  • This sounds like a great candidate for the Live Mesh Mobile forum - I think you'll be able to find a lot more mobile related help over there!

Good Luck!

Sunday, January 25, 2009 12:13 AM
  • nachmore said:

This sounds like a great candidate for the Live Mesh Mobile forum - I think you'll be able to find a lot more mobile related help over there!

Good Luck!

I'll move the thread over, Oren. :-)

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare Forum Moderator
    Monday, January 26, 2009 3:59 PM