Trouble Finding Network drivers for Gigabyte Mobo RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed WHS Beta 2 but have no network.

The mobo is a Gigabyte GA-8IPE1000-G with a Yukon gigabit ethernet controller. I have tried every driver I can find, both on the original CD and everthing I can find to download and cannot get a driver to install.

Whichh driver OS should I be using? XP, Windows 2000, 2003 or Vista?

Has anyone encountered this problem?

Thanks in advance

Steve

Friday, March 2, 2007 7:05 AM

Answers

• Try the Windows 2003 servers and install them manually.  Here's a forum link to someone setting up video drivers manually:

http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsHomeServer/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1287439&SiteID=50

The Network drivers are very similar except you'll need to update the "unknown device" that's got a yellow exclamation mark.  Let me know if a manual update doesn't work.

- Jim

Friday, March 2, 2007 12:09 PM
  • Since Windows Home Server is based on Windows Server 2003, you should try to use the Windows Server 2003 drivers. If there are no Windows 2003 drivers available, try using Windows XP drivers instead.

Friday, March 2, 2007 6:27 PM
  • had a similar problem with an asus board - downloaded the chipset drivers direct from Via and hey presto... network available. :)
    Saturday, March 3, 2007 9:02 PM

All replies

• Try the Windows 2003 servers and install them manually.  Here's a forum link to someone setting up video drivers manually:

http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsHomeServer/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1287439&SiteID=50

The Network drivers are very similar except you'll need to update the "unknown device" that's got a yellow exclamation mark.  Let me know if a manual update doesn't work.

- Jim

Friday, March 2, 2007 12:09 PM
  • I'll give it a try and let you know

Thanks for the quick response.

Friday, March 2, 2007 3:37 PM
  • Since Windows Home Server is based on Windows Server 2003, you should try to use the Windows Server 2003 drivers. If there are no Windows 2003 drivers available, try using Windows XP drivers instead.

Friday, March 2, 2007 6:27 PM
  • had a similar problem with an asus board - downloaded the chipset drivers direct from Via and hey presto... network available. :)
    Saturday, March 3, 2007 9:02 PM
  • Moved thread to Hardware forum.  :-)
    Tuesday, March 6, 2007 5:25 PM
  • Hi, little bit too late perhaps but I have also a Yukon controller on my mobo. It is made by a firm called Marvell. At their site (www.marvell.com) you can find the correct win2003server drivers.

Wednesday, March 7, 2007 10:14 AM