• Question

• Hi,

How i can save multiple contacts at a time without using workflow

Thanks,

Ketan.

Monday, May 12, 2014 12:10 PM

Answers

• Hi Ketan,

You could try to have a synchronous workflow by unchecking the "Run this workflow in the background". In that case, you'd get the results immediately and wouldn't have to wait.

Admin QuikView Solution for CRM 2013

• Marked as answer by Ketan Pimple Tuesday, May 13, 2014 7:15 AM
    Tuesday, May 13, 2014 7:01 AM

All replies

• Not much information to go on here.  How is the Contact information being entered?  What would you like to have happen?  Are you importing Contact information through Excel?
    Monday, May 12, 2014 12:21 PM
  • No,

I dont want to import all contacts thats why i am searching the way which will allow multiple save option.

because i have written code on save functionality so if i use multiple contacts save then code automatically implemented.

no need to open every contact and save.

thanks,

Ketan.

Tuesday, May 13, 2014 5:16 AM
  • Hi Ketan,

When you say "save multiple contacts", do you mean updating multiple existing Contacts at once? If that is what you want, you can use the "Bulk Edit" feature of Dynamics CRM.

For example if you want to update multiple Contacts, select multiple records and click on "Edit" in the Command Bar, and you should have the Bulk Edit form open up where you can update the records at once. But, remember when bulk editing, you cannot set different values for a single field for the Contacts you're editing in one go. Like say for example, if you want to set a field value in multiple Contact records based on some criteria or calculation (that might populate different records with different values), the only way to do that would be to use Workflow/Batch Application.

If you have some script written on save and want it to fire (and update some field), bulk edit doesn't do it by default. You could either go for a Plugin (supported) or enable on save event for bulk edit forms (unsupported and not sure if supported on latest version of CRM) by following this link : http://inogic.com/blog/2011/10/enable-scripts-on-bulk-edit-form-in-crm-2011/. Once you have done either, you can simply bulk edit multiple records (by adding some dummy value to unused field just to trigger the save) and you should have achieved your objective.

Tuesday, May 13, 2014 6:04 AM
  • Hey Dynamotion,

I have done same what you said.

I implemented bulk edit but it change the field but its not save the forms so my code not worked.

i will try your idea can you please tell me ? 

what i want to do for enable true (enable on save event for bulk edit forms)

Thanks,

Ketan

Tuesday, May 13, 2014 6:29 AM
  • Hi Ketan,

While bulk editing records, did you enter some value in any field? The dirty flag needs to be set to true for the records to be saved.

Also, if you did the above, are you sure your records were not saved or was it that the records were saved but event not fired?

Tuesday, May 13, 2014 6:35 AM
  • Hi Dynamotion,

Records get saved but the code which i had written on save not executed.

value i have putted through bulk editing is showing but code not worked.

what to do ?

Thanks,

Ketan

Tuesday, May 13, 2014 6:40 AM
  • Hi Ketan,

In that case if you've already modified the customizations.xml and enabled Bulk Edit Script fire and it still didn't work, I am afraid that it's not supported anymore like I said earlier it's unsupported. I believe the only way to achieve your requirement is to use Workflow or Plugin (if it's not achievable by workflow).

Tuesday, May 13, 2014 6:47 AM
  • Thanks Dynamotion,

I had tried through workflows but its get stuck some time or some time it does what is unexpected.

ex below image

I want to increase the count of that field but it increases more with in 1 mints and count goes higher than mints.

i want to use this for after one day but i was testing and its not working so i stop that workflow task.

even if i logout its stop working.

i want it should work conti. boz i have daily reports and charts updated through this logic.

can you please help.

Thanks,

Ketan

Tuesday, May 13, 2014 6:56 AM
  • Hi Ketan,

You could try to have a synchronous workflow by unchecking the "Run this workflow in the background". In that case, you'd get the results immediately and wouldn't have to wait.

• Marked as answer by Ketan Pimple Tuesday, May 13, 2014 7:15 AM
    Tuesday, May 13, 2014 7:01 AM
  • Thanks Dynamotion,

For your valuable time and replies.

will sure try this thanks for help.

Thanks

Ketan.

Tuesday, May 13, 2014 7:15 AM