sbdhost.exe? RRS feed

• Question

• hi. i'm not sure if this is the right place for this thread. sorry, but i think i need help.

windows live onecare firewall (i think) ask me whether to allow a certain "sbdhost.exe" to access the internet. i wasn't sure what it was so i blocked it. soon after that, my automatic updates turned off and i am not able to turn it on again. are these two things related to each other? i do not know what to do. everytime i start my computer now, windows security center tells me i should turn on automatic updates and live onecare keeps reminding me i blocked sbdhost.exe to access the internet. i don't know and don't understand much about computers. i hope someone can help me here. thanks.
    Saturday, September 27, 2008 6:10 PM

Answers

All replies

• sbdhost.exe is most likely a malware related process. I suggest contacting support for help. How to reach support - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

Saturday, September 27, 2008 9:01 PM
  • i tried following the instructions but it brought me back to this forums. i'm sorry, but i'm quite confused. nobody here can help me? there's something new that's happening whenever i start my computer. live onecare always detect a risk and quarantines it. the name is "SettingsModifier:Win32/PossibleHostsFileHijack". it happens everytime now.

please help me, anyone?
    Sunday, September 28, 2008 6:12 PM
  • Hello Mahyeee, send an e-mail with One Care in the subject line to jrap107@msn.com and I will help you contact support.

Sunday, September 28, 2008 6:16 PM