none
Impossible to install Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable after an electricity cut RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I was trying to install a software and its installer (an EXE file) contains Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable... when I was installing this software everything was fine... the installer was progressing fine and the Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable installed successfully... however... in the next step of the installation process, I suffered a temporary electricity cut due a thunderstorm. Of course, the computer turned off and the installation stopped.

Okay, when I started again my computer, Windows was running perfectly and everything was fine... then I tried to reinstall again the software.

Before reinstalling, I did a complete clean-up of this software.

Now... when I started to reinstall again the software... the installer tried to install the Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable... and then it was completely impossible.

During the installation of the Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable I got this screen...

Installing Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable (x86) 14.13.26020
    The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable.
    Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package
    'vc_runtimeMinimum_x86.msi' in the box below

Use source:
    C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\{BBF2AC74-720C-3CB3-8291-5E34039232FA}v14.0.24215\packages\vcRuntimeMinimum_x86\

Seems to be it is asking right now for a file regarding the Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable (x86) 14.13.26020... and the file is... vc_runtimeMinimum_x86.msi

I tried to find several files of this kind inside the folder... C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\ and anything worked... if I press okay, again, it is asking for this file.

Then we I close the installer, I get this error.

The file 'C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\{BBF2AC74-720C-3CB3-8291-5E34039232FA}v14.0.24215\packages\vcRuntimeMinimum_x86\vcRuntimeMinimum_x86.msi' is not a valid installation package for the product Microsoft Visual C++2015 x86 Minimum Runtime - 14.0.24215.
    Try to find the installation package 'vc_runtimeMinimum_x86.msi' in a folder from which you can install Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 x86 Minimum Runtime - 14.0.24215

Setup did not complete. The error is:
    Package 'Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable' could not be installed.
    Error number 1603

How may I solve this problem?

Cheers

• Moved by May Luo-MSFT Friday, October 19, 2018 5:56 AM off-topic issue
    Sunday, October 14, 2018 1:33 PM

All replies

• Hi MrMister,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

>> when I was installing this software everything was fine... the installer was progressing fine and the Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable installed successfully... 

Do you check if MS VC 2017 package installed in the Program and Feature of control panel? If it is, that mean you need uninstall it and re-install your software.

>> Use source:
    C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\{BBF2AC74-720C-3CB3-8291-5E34039232FA}v14.0.24215\packages\vcRuntimeMinimum_x86\

>> I tried to find several files of this kind inside the folder... C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\ and anything worked...

Do you mean you navigate to the path and find the vc_runtimeMinimum_x86.msi to right-click to install it? Is the installation success?

>> The file 'C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\{BBF2AC74-720C-3CB3-8291-5E34039232FA}v14.0.24215\packages\vcRuntimeMinimum_x86\vcRuntimeMinimum_x86.msi' is not a valid installation package for the product Microsoft Visual C++2015 x86 Minimum Runtime - 14.0.24215. Try to find the installation package 'vc_runtimeMinimum_x86.msi' in a folder from which you can install Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 x86 Minimum Runtime - 14.0.24215

Based on the error message, I recommend you to install MS VC 2015 (14.0.24215) from: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=52685 . then try to locate the 'vc_runtimeMinimum_x86.msi' in MS VC 2015 folder. Re-test to install your software.

>> Setup did not complete. The error is:

Package 'Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable' could not be installed.

Error number 1603

BTW, the solution and analysis above is based on the error information you provided. As per as to my knowledge, this error should be related to the specific configuration of your software. Since our forum focus on VS IDE issue. So I suggest you to redirect the software supporting forum for a better solved.

Looking forwards your reply.

Best Regards,

May

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, October 15, 2018 3:04 AM
  • Hi Mister,

Sorry to trouble you and i just want to know if your issue have been solved or not. if it is, could you please share us your solution and i'm willing to learn for that.

If not, you can refer to my solution, have a try to contact the software forum for a supporting. 

Besides, if you think our discuss is useful, don't forget mark it as answer, for that, other member can obtain some useful tips and solved them question quickly.

Waiting for you reply!

May 

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Tuesday, October 16, 2018 7:48 AM
  • Hello, sadly, no, my issue has not been solved yet.

I will try to reply to your remarks, one by one.

Do you check if MS VC 2017 package installed in the Program and Feature of control panel? If it is, that mean you need uninstall it and re-install your software.

• If I go to Control Panel... Programs and Features... I do not see Installed Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2017, I have installed all Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable from the 2008 until 2015, but I do not have installed any Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2017

Do you mean you navigate to the path and find the vc_runtimeMinimum_x86.msi to right-click to install it? Is the installation success?

• When I navigate to the suggested path to find the vc_runtimeMinimum_x86.msi file, the installation does not have any success. I cannot proceed with the installation.

Based on the error message, I recommend you to install MS VC 2015 (14.0.24215) from: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=52685. then try to locate the 'vc_runtimeMinimum_x86.msi' in MS VC 2015 folder. Re-test to install your software.

• Aha. Are you recomending me to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Update 3 RC? Why do I have to install again the 2015 version? I already have installed this version in my computer. During the first installation I was able to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 redistributable. The problem happened that the software I was trying to install, was not able to continue the installation process of other programs, because I suffered the electricity cut. But Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 redistributable was installed during the first time. Why do I have to install again the 2015 version?
    • Is this the version you want I installa again? https://www.microsoft.com/es-ES/download/details.aspx?id=52685

BTW, the solution and analysis above is based on the error information you provided. As per as to my knowledge, this error should be related to the specific configuration of your software. Since our forum focus on VS IDE issue. So I suggest you to redirect the software supporting forum for a better solved.

• Aha, then this is a problem of my software? Because the installation process has configured Microsoft C++ 2017 redistributable in such a way that it is producing an error?

Thursday, October 18, 2018 2:05 PM
  • I replied to the first question before, sadly, I do not have solved my problem.
    Thursday, October 18, 2018 2:06 PM
  • Hi MrMister,

According to the description in your original post, the Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable installed successfully...  before you encountered electricity cut, am I right?

In general, MS VC++ 2017 should already be installed on your computer during the installer process and the “installation process” is just to call it. But you said you don’t find any MS VC++ 2017 package in program and feature list. so I guess you haven’t installed 2017 package successful. About this situation i recommend you to report for the software engineer or start a new thread there.

To my knowledge, Microsoft doesn’t provide an availably download for Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable (x86) 14.13.26020 any more, I suppose this specify version is just required by the software. After locating your problem, this issue is related to your software installation process or installer. we really like to help you but our forum focus on VS IDE issue actually. And that’s reason why I recommend you to contact the software engineer for a professional support.

We appreciate your patience and sorry for your inconvenience.

May

Friday, October 19, 2018 5:53 AM