How do I get URLs removed from MSN's index? RRS feed

• Question

• The title says it all...   Thanks for any help.
    Friday, November 21, 2008 2:37 PM

Answers

• You can use the robots.txt to exclude at a folder or page level. IF the issue is of a legal or copywrite concern you can go to Help.live.com and submit a request to have the content removed.

Cheers

Jeremiah Andrick

Friday, November 21, 2008 6:20 PM
  • Thanks Jeremiah.

Also, as you have not posted your domain for me to verify, please ensure that you have correctly blocked these URLs in your robots.txt file and add <NOINDEX, NOFOLLOW> to all pages you don't want indexed to ensure our bot does not crawl them from backlinks pointing to those pages. Please review robotstxt.org for more information.

Thanks,

Brett 

Friday, November 21, 2008 6:23 PM

All replies

•  

Put the below in your robot.txt

Friday, November 21, 2008 6:09 PM
  • You can use the robots.txt to exclude at a folder or page level. IF the issue is of a legal or copywrite concern you can go to Help.live.com and submit a request to have the content removed.

Cheers

Jeremiah Andrick

Friday, November 21, 2008 6:20 PM
  • Thanks Jeremiah.

Also, as you have not posted your domain for me to verify, please ensure that you have correctly blocked these URLs in your robots.txt file and add <NOINDEX, NOFOLLOW> to all pages you don't want indexed to ensure our bot does not crawl them from backlinks pointing to those pages. Please review robotstxt.org for more information.

Thanks,

Brett 

Friday, November 21, 2008 6:23 PM
  • He could post a sitemap to live tools, that seems to make sure most pages don't get indexed.

Friday, November 21, 2008 6:39 PM