Is Academic Search still active and in use? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm wondering whether this service is still active or was quietly abandoned!? I really like the features and the layout of the site. However, the content is completely outdated. My own profile and the profiles of my peers (all computer science) were not updated since 2011. In February, I wrote an email to acadfb@microsoft.com and told them about the problems, but never received any response. Around that time, my "Fields:" attribute mysteriously switched from computer science to biology?

Please let me know wether there is still an alternative to Google Scholar.

Best

P.

Monday, June 3, 2013 3:20 PM

All replies

• Hi Peter,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Microsoft Academic Search is still an active website, and we are working on indexing additional content from scholarly publishers so that accuracy and completeness will continue to improve. It is also possible for users to add publications and update author profiles. You can learn more about this in our help documentation. Unfortunately we can't find a record of your email message sent in February. We do actively manage this email alias, so please feel free to use it if we can be of any further assistance.

Best regards,

Thomas, Academic Search Editor

Monday, June 3, 2013 11:44 PM
  • Hi Peter - No, Microsoft Academic Search has not been abandoned.

We're working on ways to ensure that we have fresher academic content, and plan to have solutions released later this year.

I can't explain why your field may have been switched. However, "Field of Study" is something that can be edited.

Thanks for your input!

Josh

Monday, June 3, 2013 11:53 PM