Salt message playback broken on latest beta. RRS feed

• Question

•   We have a little used part of our SALT app where we record messages similar to a voice mail. We have used this code from salt in the past to playt the file.

string wavFile = Path.Combine(Path.GetTempPath(), Server.HtmlDecode(Request.QueryString["playWavName"]));

This has always worked until the recent beta, and now we get an event log warning

Service was unable to process text to speech requerst for the following reason 'Unknown 'MIME' Format' (System.FormatException)

Any thoughts? Maybe there is a better way to do this now.

Tuesday, June 19, 2007 4:38 PM

Answers

• I would try to pinpoint the cause of the problem now and fix that before looking at new ways of doing it.
    Tuesday, June 26, 2007 4:50 AM

All replies

• Which part of the code is causing this exception?

Is it the creation of the wave file name, i.e. the code you shared or is it when an attempt is made to play the file?

Tuesday, June 19, 2007 5:33 PM
  • I believe it is the playback. How do I get more info for you?
    Wednesday, June 20, 2007 12:16 AM
  • You'd have to debug your code or use some other mechanism, logging perhaps, to pinpoint exactly where the problem is.
    Wednesday, June 20, 2007 6:10 AM
  • Here is a log of the problem.

Also, Is there a better way of doing this now? Thanks

Thursday, June 21, 2007 5:43 PM
  • What is the scenario that this is used for?
    Thursday, June 21, 2007 6:33 PM
  • Wer are playing back a recorded message similar to listening to a voicemail. This code always worked from r2 until the last beta, but we do not know if there is a better way to accomplish this.
    Monday, June 25, 2007 1:05 AM
  • I would try to pinpoint the cause of the problem now and fix that before looking at new ways of doing it.
    Tuesday, June 26, 2007 4:50 AM
  • okay, I have a log file and will attach it to this post if I can find a way to do this. As suspected the problem is in the playback, and we are attempting to play back a file we just recorded in the app. This worked fine until this beta.
    Friday, June 29, 2007 4:56 PM
  •   I have a log file for this problem. As I have mentioned this worked fine until this beta. I didnt see a way to attach files, how should i proceed?

Friday, June 29, 2007 5:01 PM
  • Have you pinpointed which part of the code is causing the problem?

Friday, June 29, 2007 5:26 PM
  • Hi Ken,

Can you let us know the status of your issue?

Friday, July 13, 2007 9:22 PM