Exchange UM transfer to Operator failing: Cannot process routing destination RRS feed

• Question

• I'm facing problems transfering calls from Exchange Auto-Attendant to extensions. Transfering calls to UM enabled users are fine but not for Operator and Response Group contacts extension number. I have confirmed that I have the correct Dial Plan FQDN as my default location profile name, enabled on pool and Mediation server and running ExchUCutil.ps1 and OCSUmUTil.exe have no errors. However, any attempt to transfer the call still fails. 

After running the logging tool on the mediation server, I found the reason why the calls are failing however couldn't find a way to fix it. 

Here's the culprit that is causing the error: 

FROM: <sip:anonymous@domain.com;user=phone>;epid=C7F3054576;tag=2439caf62
    TO: <sip:443;phone-context=dialplan.domain.com@10.0.0.200;user=phone>;tag=223A1EE3F789C9C5A12B24622C75E074
    CSEQ: 121 INVITE
    CALL-ID: 600c5b6e-20b7-4ded-83a5-2f15aa1c5f95
    VIA: SIP/2.0/TLS 10.0.0.49:51807;branch=z9hG4bKff9b4360;ms-received-port=51807;ms-received-cid=283500
    CONTENT-LENGTH: 0
    ms-diagnostics: 1022;reason="Cannot process routing destination";source="OCSFrontEnd.domain.com";Destination="sip:443;phone-context=dialplan.domain.com@10.0.0.200;user=phone" 

From the above, the phone-context is passed on as 'dialplan.domain.com@10.0.0.200 (10.0.0.200 = Front end server IP address). However, a working phone-context should be showing as 'dialplan.domain.com@ForestFQDN'.

I have no idea why it's returning the phone-context this way because I've compared it on another similar implementation I've done recently, the phone-context returned correctly as 'dialplan.domain.com@forestFQDN'.

Any help and advice is greatly appreciated!
    Monday, April 20, 2009 3:32 PM

All replies

• Check to see if you have any static routes. that is the first thing I would do. The second is see if the number is being normalized correctly so OCS can recognize it.
    mitch
    Wednesday, April 22, 2009 10:48 PM
  • Hi Mitch,

I've checked the static routes and I have none. Also because of the way the phone context is returned, it is not able to find the correct dial plan to normalize and hence the error "Cannot process routing destination" is returned. I need to find a way to correct the phone-context to show as'dialplan.domain.com@ForestFQDN"... :(
    Wednesday, April 22, 2009 11:34 PM
  • did you have any failures with the ocsumutil script you ran on the Exchange UM server? because that is usually how it determines the context you are referring to I believe.

mitch
    Saturday, May 2, 2009 11:21 PM
  • I have the same error after migrating from OCS 2007 to OCS 2007 R2, but only for anonymous callers. Also in our SIP trace I can see dialplan.domain.com@10.0.0.200 as the destination...

When I perform a number translation on our ISDN gateway so that the anonymous number is replaced by a fake telephone number, the problem doesn't occur.  In that case the phone context seems normal:  dialplan.domain.com@ForestFQDN.  Although, in this case the forestFQDN is not really our forest (domain1), but the domain (domain2) into which all our OCS config has been done.  I do not know whether that is normal... 

(Our AD global catalog and all forest master roles are not in de 1st installed domain, but in a later created sister domain (see below).)

Our mediation server is still R1, and is about to be replaced.

Any help is appreciated!
    :-)
    Wim

Forest

Domain1           Domain2 (
    (original
    domain)
    Friday, June 26, 2009 1:26 PM