none
Image Files Get Renamed with [x] RRS feed

• Question

• I have a problem where WLW renames my image files by appending [x] to the end of the file name where x = some form of version number.  The problem is that when these images get uploaded to my internal corporate blog service, the file names get changed again where the "[" changes to "%5B" and the "]" changes to "%5D".  For example:

original filename: example.jpg
    WLW filename: example[2].jpg and example_thumb[1].jpg
    after uploading: example%5B2%5D.jpeg and example_thumb%5B1%5D.jpeg

This causes the image to not appear in my blog post because the blog post is pointing to filename[x].jpeg but the actual file name is now filename%5Bx%5D.jpeg.

To fix this I either have to manually upload the image files with the correct file names or modify the html code in the blog post after it is posted and change the "%5B" to %255B" and the "%5D" to "%255D".

Is there some way to change the way WLW renames the image files?  Perhaps with "_x" instead of "[x]"?

Does anyone have a solution for how to fix this?  I'd really like to use WLW.
    Wednesday, January 7, 2009 4:58 PM

All replies

• What blogging service are you using?  
    -Brandon Turner [MSFT]
    Wednesday, January 7, 2009 11:33 PM
  • It's an internal service based on Lotus Connections.
    Friday, January 9, 2009 1:36 AM
  • You might be able to modify your wlwmanifest.xml file to change the upload path to be the value {AsciiFileName}, I think this will remove the [ and ] characters.  If you need help with that let me know.

-Brandon Turner [MSFT]
    Tuesday, January 13, 2009 9:18 PM
  • Brandon,

Thanks for the suggestion, however, it appears I do not have that file.  I do have a "WindowsLiveWriter.exe.manifest" file but it does not contain an entry for upload path.  Is this the correct file to modify, and if so, what is the syntax to add this entry?  If this is not the correct file, which file do I modify?  There are a bunch of *.xml files (9) under "C:\Documents and Settings\...\Local Settings\Application Data\Windows Live Writer\ResourceCache\live\".  Could it be one of these files?

Thanks.

Monday, January 26, 2009 1:54 PM