none
New blades not showing GPU information RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, We have recently deployed new blades that have nvidia quadro K3100M cards with 369.30 driver installed and we are not seeing any GPU information in the GPU information tab. We are runnign HPC Pack 2012 R2 4.5.5079.0 and some of the blades are windows 10 and some are windows 7 - both aren't showing any gpu information.

Do you have any ideas?

I can run nvidia-smi.exe on the blade and it shows all of the information. I also deleted and readded the blade into HPC.

Thanks!!!

Friday, December 9, 2016 6:39 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi, Nicka,

Here windows 10 and windows 7 are both windows server, right?

The node is joined HPC cluster as compute node? do you try restart HpcManagement service and  wait for several minutes to see whether the GPU is discovered

Can you collect the log under %CCP_HOME%Data\LogFiles\Management, log file name is HpcManagement*.bin, you can send to us through email hpcpack@microsoft.com

or you can share it where I can download from internet.

Tuesday, December 13, 2016 3:58 AM
  • These are blade workstations... and they are joined as workstation nodes. Could that be the reason?

I restarted the service and it didnt discover it.

I just sent the logs. 

Thanks!!

Tuesday, December 13, 2016 2:30 PM
  • current, we only support GPU on compute node, don't support workstation node,

we will try to support workstation node on next QFE, we will do it next month.

So there are two workaround for you now:

1, can you install the windows server version on these blade, make them as compute node?

2, If needed, I can provide private bits (support GPU on workstation node) to you, you can replace them on blade workstation

Please let me know your prefer.

Wednesday, December 14, 2016 1:43 AM
  • yes, it is possible to get the bits so that it will work on a workstation node?

Thanks!!

Wednesday, December 14, 2016 2:56 PM
  • ok, already send the private bits to you through email, any issue, please let me know
    Thursday, December 15, 2016 3:46 AM
  • I am running HPC Pack 2016, and also am not seeing GPU Information listed for workstation nodes.  Will there be a QFE for HPC Pack 2016 that will allow this?  We are not in production yet, so I could test any upcoming QFE.  Do you have any documentation on which GPUs are supported?

Thanks!

-Matt

Monday, February 27, 2017 8:18 PM
  • Hi Matt,

In HPC 2016, we don't support GPU on workstation now, will support it in HPC 2016 Update 1.

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 5:11 AM
  • And the GPU workstation support is already included in the latest QFE of HPC Pack 2012 R2 Update 3, details please check https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=54772

We need to integrate this fix to HPC Pack 2016 and the next release is Update 1 which is a few months away

Qiufang Shi

Wednesday, March 1, 2017 1:11 AM