none
LNK1318: Unexpected PDB error; RPC (23) RRS feed

• Question

• We are getting alot of these errors when building CI/CD through Jenkins on Visual Studio 2017:

LINK : fatal error LNK1318: Unexpected PDB error; RPC (23) '(0x000006BA)'

Since it isn't really flagging it as an error back to Jenkins everything is built and all is green, but the binary it produces can't be run. Instead you get an error message stating the "This app can not run on your PC".

Is there a fix or workaround for this issue?

Monday, May 27, 2019 11:13 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Thanks for posting here.

>>We are getting alot of these errors when building CI/CD through Jenkins on Visual Studio 2017.

This forum is about VC++ development. For your case which is more related to third party tool, I will move it to the off-topic forum. I suggest you post your issue on here.

Best Wishes,

Jack Zhang

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 28, 2019 2:51 AM
  • Ok, where do I post these problems with the MSVC compiler? This is not related to Jenkins, this is Visual studio that is the problem. The linker gives a fatal error that I can't find any documentation on and therefore hae no idea what it means and MSBuild doesn't return that any error has occured which is problem nr 2.
    Tuesday, May 28, 2019 8:07 AM
  • Hello,

Seems that something wrong with the mspdbsrv.exe, please have a look at these: 

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/9e58b7d1-a47d-4a76-943a-4f35090616e8/link-fatal-error-lnk1318.

https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-c-compiler/topic/279539

Best Wishes,

Jack Zhang

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 28, 2019 9:25 AM