Lost Window Movie Maker projects. RRS feed

• Question

•  

I’m hoping this isn’t a technical question. I have gotten fairly proficient at Windows Movie Maker with importing and editing family home movies. One issue that happens and I don’t know why, is at times when I return to a unfinished project, all my previous editing is replaced with nothing but triangles with exclamation marks on them on all of the clips. That’s throughout the whole project and nothing is there/or plays!  Most recently, I put my work on flash drives and tested it to make sure that don’t happen again. I tried to open project on tower with no luck. (Nothing but those triangles) I tried the flash drives. (Same) I tried flash drives on 2 different laptops and got the same thing. Hours of work wasted???

Any answers/ideas? Thanks: Mike McCauley

Thursday, April 13, 2017 7:12 PM

Answers

All replies

• They'll help you over here.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windowslive/forum/moviemaker

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Thursday, April 13, 2017 8:00 PM
  • Hi Michael William McCauley 1951,

I'd like to confirm:
    (1) What version of Windows are you using?
    (2) Where (which drive, folder) did you save your projects?
    (3) Which is your problem?
        (a) project can not be opened with Windows Movie Maker, or project is corrupted
        (b) Windows Movie Maker can not run
        (c) other
    Friday, April 14, 2017 12:21 AM
  • Hi Dave,

I can hardly understand why your post could be marked as answer.

Could you explain the reason?

Saturday, April 15, 2017 1:27 PM
  • I can hardly understand why your post could be marked as answer. Could you explain the reason?

This is "where is" forum for direction on where best to ask questions. I just provided that direction.

For reference:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b970e780-0de0-4642-8ed6-576cbb3a5dd4/purpose-of-this-forum-this-forum-tells-you-where-to-go-ask-questions-please-read-before-posting?forum=whatforum

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Saturday, April 15, 2017 1:33 PM
  • Hi Dave Patrick,

I can't understand still.
    Is this an answer?  You answer "Go south", when someone at the north pole ask you "How can I reach New York?".
    Saturday, April 15, 2017 1:48 PM