Presence exhange between OCS and PBX RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I went thru the article on OCS integration with pbx(i.e http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/2009.03.rcc.aspx?pr=blog), and it really helped us to understand the "PBX inetegaration with OCS" 

I have following understanding reagrding the presence exchnage, please correct if I am wrong
    - Phone status of the PBX phones(e.g. busy, available etc. but "not in a metting") would be displayed in OC
      This happens because whenever there is some state change in the PBX phone, OCS gets the  CSTA Info messages from the PBX
    - Presence status of the OC's(e.g. busy, available etc. but "not in a metting") would not be sent to PBX
      Pleas let me know whether this is understanding is correct??

After going thru some of the products (like Covergence's "Microsoft OCS & IBM Sametime Interworking"), I understand that it is also possible to exchange the presence information using some propriatery interfaces provided by Microsoft(e.g. similiar to "federated domain" implementation). Is that right?
    If "yes" what is the procedure to get documentation regarding these proprietary interfaces(e.g. Do we need to become gold partners with Microsoft)

I would apreciate any help on this.

Regards,
    Rohan

Wednesday, July 8, 2009 7:01 AM