none
iTunes issues with Media Aggregator RRS feed

• Question

•  
    I recently purchased a HP MediaSmart Server EX485. I had no issues configuring it but iTunes is not able to replicate. I’ve been working with HP but they haven’t been able to find the source of the problem so the obvious it’s been reviewed. I’ve reinstalled the server software, reinstalled iTunes, gather multiple logs, etc with no success. All my pictures and videos synched to the server with no issues but when it comes to iTunes I am getting the following error (extracted from the MediaAggregator Log File):
    Creating client type: Music
    Unhandled exception during aggregation
    Exception: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: startIndex cannot be larger than length of string.
    Parameter name: startIndex
    at System.String.InternalSubStringWithChecks(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length, Boolean fAlwaysCopy)
    at MediaManager.ItunesParser.LoadLibraries()
    at MediaManager.MusicClientSide.LoadItunesFileList()
    at MediaManager.MusicClientSide..ctor(MediaConfigRecord cfgSetting)
    at MediaManager.ClientCreator.CreateClient(MediaConfigRecord cfgRec)
    at MediaManager.MediaManager.Aggregate(String serverName)
    at MediaManager.MediaManager.Run(Boolean startup)
    Thursday, March 5, 2009 2:22 PM

All replies

• My guess is that you have a file with a name that's causing the aggregator to throw that error. Since the Media Aggregator is a component written and supplied by HP, you will have to go back to them to get a resolution. You should not accept that they "can't find the source", IMO.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Saturday, March 7, 2009 3:39 PM
  • I totally agree with you but after 2 weeks of gathering Logs, Files, Uninstalling and Reinstalling almost everything in both, client and server, I decided to post some questions out there to see if anyone was having the same or similar issues. I’ll wait for an answer and hopefully I can help someone later. I’ll add the solution to my thread once we find the answer…… Thanks for your reply Ken.

Saturday, March 7, 2009 5:11 PM