Database size rapidly increasing RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Im not sure if this is a CRM issue or a SQL issue.

I have a customer who has a problem with their asyncOperationBase table.  Its increasing in size rapidly.  The database usually sits around 40gb but has increased beyond 120gb.  They have ran the asyncOperationBase clean up script to reduce the size.

I am well aware what this table is used for and the recommended ways to keep this size down, however I believe the increase we are seeing is beyond normal. 

We analysed a 24 hour window.  During this time, the table increased by about 6gb.  Only 171 rows where added during this time and the message column is NULL.

How is this possible, where has the space gone, and what is using 6gb?

Marc Collins www.QGate.co.uk

Wednesday, April 22, 2015 1:41 PM

All replies

• What version of CRM?  CRM 2011 had issues with not properly cleaning up the ASyncOperationBase table, but later update rollups fixed that.  To my knowledge, CRM 2013/2015 don't have that issue.

Are there a lot of workflows or shared items in that CRM?  Both of those could cause issues as well.

Take a look here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/968520/en-us?wa=wsignin1.0

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

• Proposed as answer by Wayne Walton Wednesday, April 22, 2015 2:02 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Marc J Collins Wednesday, April 22, 2015 2:05 PM
    Wednesday, April 22, 2015 2:02 PM
  • Hi Wayne

I do apologise.  I had included the version in my first draft but must of removed it.  They have CRM 2011 post UR12.  I believe its UR17.  Their database is SQL Server 2008 R2

The script from the kb is the clean up script I mentioned.  They have ran this a few times since it was first reported.  The table does reduce in size but quickly increases.  

They do have lots of workflow so I expect the table to increase but not at the rate of 6gb in 24 hours, especially when only 171 new lines were added.  This is the bit that is puzzling me.

Although they don't share (under our strict instructions), I didn't realise sharing utilised this table.

Marc Collins www.QGate.co.uk

Wednesday, April 22, 2015 2:19 PM