none
I keep losing my heat map settings...why is that?

Question

• I Have set up a heat map that shows 3 different statistics per box.  Normally, I have not problems with the heat map, but there are times - mainly when the servers are getting hammered - where I open HPC, and go to my heat map window, and it is back to the default state.  Prior to this happening it appears as if it takes longer for HPC Manger to launch.  Is this a bug, with a fix?

Thank you for your suggestions.

Thursday, January 29, 2015 7:48 PM

Answers

• I found the problem.  I was trying to move too much data at one time.  This was bogging down HPC, and when I tried to do anything within HPC it was very sluggish.  I think this caused my configuration to be corrupted.   Now that I have backed off the amount of data being transferred I don't have the issue anymore.  Thank you for your replies, and assistance.
    Friday, February 06, 2015 4:10 PM

All replies

• Could you please indicate which HPC Pack version (e.g. 4.3.4652.0) it is? Can this issue be constantly repro?

Regards,

Yutong

Thursday, February 05, 2015 12:57 PM
  • Hi, what do you mean "when the servers are getting hammered"? for HpcClusterManager(UI), the preference file are stored under user's home path(%HOMEPATH%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Hpc\4.0\AdminConsole), so if the preference file was deleted, it will use the default value.
    Friday, February 06, 2015 1:59 AM
  • I found the problem.  I was trying to move too much data at one time.  This was bogging down HPC, and when I tried to do anything within HPC it was very sluggish.  I think this caused my configuration to be corrupted.   Now that I have backed off the amount of data being transferred I don't have the issue anymore.  Thank you for your replies, and assistance.
    Friday, February 06, 2015 4:10 PM