The Product Key you typed is already in use RRS feed

• Question

• when i try to activate my vista says this: The Product Key you typed is already in use, i say this is a lie.. i bought this Vista BrandNew and i have the box right here next to me with the two Original Dvds.. 32bit and 64bit, to fix this problem i decide to use the automated phone system to activate, when i call the number that the dialog says (1-888-751-2323) an operator says that i have dialed a phone number that no is avaliable from my call area..

So, the question.. how i can get contact with microsoft so.. they validate my product.. because im very sure that this si a mistake..

thx.

Juan Hernandez

Dominican Republic

Friday, June 8, 2007 3:50 AM

Answers

• Click on the blue "Change product key" link in the Windows activation section of your System Properties panel.  You can access the System Properties panel by right-clicking on Computer in the Start menu and choosing Properties.  Enter your product key when prompted to do so, and press Next.

Friday, June 8, 2007 6:50 PM

All replies

• Click on the blue "Change product key" link in the Windows activation section of your System Properties panel.  You can access the System Properties panel by right-clicking on Computer in the Start menu and choosing Properties.  Enter your product key when prompted to do so, and press Next.

Friday, June 8, 2007 6:50 PM
  • keeps saying the same error...

how can i speak to someone on microsoft.. so they validate mi vista. coz with the label i think someone on microsoft may helpme.. solve this problem.

Friday, June 8, 2007 7:05 PM
  • Choose another phone number. I usually choose the one for US. Make sure you dial it as an inernational call though.....

Also there's free support for genuine advantage @ https://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?LN=en-gb&x=10&y=14&gprid=9860&c1=509. They are supposed to answer next day.......

Friday, June 8, 2007 7:51 PM
  • thanks.. i sended them a email.. if they need my call.. i will do it too..

so. lets wait the reply.

Sunday, June 10, 2007 6:13 PM