none
Toolbar for a message only shows the very last button RRS feed

• Question

• For some reason I no longer see pictures for the buttons on the top toolbar when I compose a message. I only see the insert code block button and the rest of the buttons don't show up. If I move mouse on the place where the buttons should be, I can see the outline and the tooltip. But no pictures anymore.

Thanks in advance.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 1:25 PM

Answers

• Also, when this happens, does it help to hit refresh (perhaps a few times)? More and more lately I find that not all elements of a page load right away. I need to wait awhile, and if the elements still don't load, click refresh and wait again. I'm sure a slow connection would make this worse.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Monday, September 3, 2012 3:36 PM

All replies

• Hello Naomi,

Is this happening only in the „new design“ for forums? What Browser? If IE Browser what Document Mode (e.g. IE7 Standards, IE9 Standards)?

Regards,

Robert

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 2:13 PM
  • I am using Google Chrome and it now happens every time I try to reply (or edit) a message. Right now I see only the last button.

My blog

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 6:45 PM
  • Hello Naomi,

Is this happening only in the „new design“ for forums? What Browser? If IE Browser what Document Mode (e.g. IE7 Standards, IE9 Standards)?

Regards,

Robert

Robert, do we have a bug on this?

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Monday, September 3, 2012 8:02 AM
    Owner
  • It is no longer happening. All seems to be well. I was using connection in the hotel, could it be the reason?

My blog

Monday, September 3, 2012 11:26 AM
  • Also, when this happens, does it help to hit refresh (perhaps a few times)? More and more lately I find that not all elements of a page load right away. I need to wait awhile, and if the elements still don't load, click refresh and wait again. I'm sure a slow connection would make this worse.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Monday, September 3, 2012 3:36 PM
  • I think I did try to refresh at the time, the connection could have been slower than my regular connection. 

My blog

Monday, September 3, 2012 7:06 PM
  • I only see the insert code block button and the rest of the buttons don't show up. 

That would be one button better than users of a High Contrast Display Preference would see when using this forum.   So this would be good practice for you to be able to deal with that case.   <eg>

Press LeftAlt+LeftShift+PrintScrn  is you would like to try to simulate that scenario.

---

Thursday, September 6, 2012 7:56 PM